My wife and I were so enamored with our single room at The Dunes on the Waterfront during out first stay in 2010 we vowed to return and rent one of the cute cottages the next time. Well, we've done that now for 3 years in a row. We have loved every minute of every stay. We have been fortunate to share a two bedroom cottage with another couple. The setting and views are exceptional. The staff attentive and friendly. The cottages are comfy and cozy. Although we have stayed each year during the 3rd week of October, the weather has cooperated wonderfully. The foliage is at its peak every year. We truly like the proximity to the center of Ogunquit and all it all to offer. Also, the easy drive to Portland, Kittery, Portsmouth and Kennebunkport make daytrips an added benefit of the location.Waking before sunrise, throwing on a bathrobe or a coat and going out to photograph the sunrise (with several other guests all around the 12 acre grounds) is one of the highlights on a crisp and clear Fall morning. It's always nice after that to visit the office for the complimentary newspaper, coffee, and this year, delicious croissants. We have eaten out at several of the great restaurants and, we also have a tradition, carried on from home, to have Friday night supper at out little cottage. After wine, bruschetta and cheese in the Adirondack chairs on the beautiful lawn overlooking the Atlantic, we light a nice fire in the fireplace and enjoy our meal in comfort. The experience is just what we are looking for each Autumn to restore our senses and to feed our souls. We are already talking about our reservations for 2014.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picturesque Maine cottages, suites and guest rooms overlooking the Ogunquit Tidal River and Ogunquit Beach in southern Maine. Enjoy 12 scenic and private acres, dotted with Adirondack chairs, landscaped gardens, and an outdoor pool. Ogunquit's famous sandy beach is accessible by rowboat at high tide and on foot at low tide. Perfect for both families and romantic, relaxing getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine