We went to the Maine Coast for just a couple of days and decided to see if we could find a place to stay without reservations in the Ogunquit area. We had seen the Dunes on the internet,but had never stayed there before. Anyway we drove in and were pleasantly surprised to find out we could get a room. Wow what a peaceful and lovely place. The staff is very helpful, and the room was very clean and comfortable. The grounds are beautiful with shade trees, flower gardens, and an ocean view. Everyone has their own outdoor table and chairs with an umbrella. Just nice to be at a place where everything seemed to be well cared for, the grounds, swimming pool, room etc.
Getting to the beach is a bit tricky if you choose to walk across the mud flats, however it is do-able and then you do not have to drive or park. The trolly stops at the end of the drive, so using your car is not necessary to go out for the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picturesque Maine cottages, suites and guest rooms overlooking the Ogunquit Tidal River and Ogunquit Beach in southern Maine. Enjoy 12 scenic and private acres, dotted with Adirondack chairs, landscaped gardens, and an outdoor pool. Ogunquit's famous sandy beach is accessible by rowboat at high tide and on foot at low tide. Perfect for both families and romantic, relaxing getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine