We stayed off season. Though we would have liked to stay in their adorable cabins, we stayed in a "classic" room, which is set up more like a traditional motel room. But, wow, the view out our window, and from the seats on the balcony was million dollar. We watched the tide change in the estuary, saw the light change on the strip of beach and ocean.
Their space is quiet and beautifully designed, and everything is perfectly kept up. We were tempted to play croquet, which was all set up on the lawn, but we were too busy walking around Ogunquit and its beach, and the nearby shore walks and nature preserves.
We did use the pool however. Despite the cool weather of early October, the pool was still open, and gently heated, so it was a great, great place to relax at the end of our days and before getting ready for dinner.
It was so beautiful that I think I'd really love to come back during the summer, to lounge around even more outside, and swim at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Picturesque Maine cottages, suites and guest rooms overlooking the Ogunquit Tidal River and Ogunquit Beach in southern Maine. Enjoy 12 scenic and private acres, dotted with Adirondack chairs, landscaped gardens, and an outdoor pool. Ogunquit's famous sandy beach is accessible by rowboat at high tide and on foot at low tide. Perfect for both families and romantic, relaxing getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz and Agoda so you can book your The Dunes on the Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Hotel Ogunquit
- The Dunes On Waterfront
- Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit
- The Dunes On The Waterfront Ogunquit, Maine