“my new favorite girls-away location” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
NH
“my new favorite girls-away location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2010

This is definitely a place I plan to visit again. I chose it because (a) they had many different rooms that could accommodate 3+ adults without someone sleeping on a pull out sofa and (b) the location and views looked great online. We stayed in the South building with a patio to the lawn area and wonderful view of the ocean. The location was great as it was right on Marginal Way. You could do a wonderful morning or evening walk to start/end your day. It was also a short walk to Perkin's Cove via Marginal Way.

We had a kitchenette in our room which we put to good use considering there isn't really a restaurant on premises. They do have standard continental breakfast and a little corner they put a bar in (I think they serve sandwiches).

We stayed here in May, which is very early beach season. It was very quiet and peaceful but I would imagine it gets loud and busy in peak times.

There is no sandy beach here. When the tide is low, you can climb down the rocks to the water but it's not a 'playing area'. You get a great view of Ogunquite beach but unless you want to walk a great distance (couple miles?) along Marginal Way, you can only get to it by car.

We had a Queen bedroom room, with 2 twins in the main area. I was told the twins were not comfortable but the queen was fine. The room is not spectacular but it's certainly clean and roomy. The TV needs to be updated to the 20th century. They should swap out the 2 uncomfortable chairs for a small sofa (there is enough room for one).

You go here for the view and location. It's very pricey, even off season, for what the resort has to offer other than a view. But I would definitely come here again when I want to sit and relax with a great view.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (351)
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

This was our second stay at the Beachmere. We absolutely love the hotel and staff. The main property is beautiful and looks right onto the ocean. Both stays, we stayed in the Mayfair Studio (2nd floor) which is just a short walk from the main property. If you don't mind a little walking, I would highly recommend the Mayfair studio - private beautiful setting with access to everything at the main property. I really love the floor to ceiling windows that overlook the gorgeous trees and gardens. A nice home away from home.

Our future overnight trips to Ogunquit will always be at the Beachmere - no need to look anywhere else.

boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

I'll make this pretty straightforward. We recently stayed in Beachmere West and The Bullfrog. It was very nice. Updated. Spacious. Comfortable. Great view. We had a visitor stay in the Victorian. That was very nice too. Views are really good. It's an older building, but is very good for 2 people. I would give a thumbs up on both of those 2 buildings.

As for the Bullfrog.....ugh. It's very small. On another street....with no direct access to the main building. You feel like you are an outcast from the other guests. Ceiling height is about 7 feet....maybe less in some spots. It was clean and everything worked. Would I stay there again? No. Would I recommend it? No. The poster from South Hadley before me loved it. Good for them. They talked about play space, swings, etc. Not to be a snob....but c'mon. It's an old wood swing set. It's very small. The issue is if you can afford to stay in the main building, then the Bullfrog is a big letdown.

I will say that the service was very good. The breakfast provided was very nice. Our kids enjoyed it.

They have a fitness area. It's pretty good. A couple treadmills, a stationary bike, and some dumbbells. it's good for a quick fix. Very adequate for the older generation that visit the property. (It's a family resort, but there was a lot of older visitors when we were there.)

Bottom line....would I come back? Yes. Absolutely. To the Bullfrog? Not me.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed at the Beachmere Inn for a week Aug 2010. We loved it soo much that we anted to stay an extra night. We stayed in room 110 with a 10 yr old and a 15 yr old. Plenty of room for us all. You actually get to pick the room you want and that is the room you get. Huge lawn, magnificent view! Kids playing football, people relaxing, bbqs. We even saw two couples get married.
I can't say enought good things about Sarah and her staff. They were so accomodating! We absolutely loved it! The photos on the web site are exactly what you get, no trick photography at The Beachmere. Can't wait to go back next yr with extended family.

South Hadley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2010

We had the most wonderful time at the Beachmere. We stayed in the Bullfrog building, which was quite a jaunt with little children from the beach and main building, which we will change next year; however, it was a fantastic, private, quiet, perfect spot for kids, too. There was a nice big yard, grill, picnic tables, chairs, swingset and slide. The room was fantastic, for which the pictures on the internet did no justice. We were very cofortable. The layout wasn't the best, because the kitchenette was in the private room, so when the mother in law went to bed, nobody felt comfortble getting to the food and beverage...but that is a family issue...LOL. Really, the service was exceptional, both by the cleaning staff AND the staff in the main building. We had a visitor for one night, and they helped us to accomodate her parking, as it was in the middle of the week, they were able to make room for her rather than having her park in the lot at the main beach, which we had planned for. They gave us a key for our last day to access the private beach for a couple extra hours. They answered questions, suggested fantastic places to eat, were so friendly! The bartender made a great martini, the pub food was fantastic, and the continental breakfast was really much, much better than any hotel we have stayed in. It really got us up and going in the morning. We didn't want to miss it. At other places we have stayed, we would end up going out for breakfast, even though there was a continental breakfast. After a couple days, it became old. NOT at the Beachmere. Thanks for that! It really saved us time AND money. This is a first rate resort and at a great price, too. Thanks to all for the best service and accomodations! We have stayed in some nice places, always happy, in Ogunquit, but we will return to the Beachmere. :) Please don't raise your rates! My husband just read this and told me to tone down the praise or the room rates would go up, and I refused.

3 Thank rtu4
Monroe, CT
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2010

My sister and I spent a long weekend at The Beachmere Inn for our girl's getaway. It was lovely! We stayed in room #16 in the Victorian buidling. The room was spacious and very clean. The bathroom was a little small, but we managed. We loved the location right on the Marginal Way and walking distance to shops and restaurants in town. At low tide, we were able to take our beach chairs and sit on a little patch of beach among the rocks, just a few hundred yard from the hotel. So convenient and relaxing - no need to walk to the public beach.

The hotel offers a small continental breakfast each morning. Just enough to hold you over until you drive to Wells and indulge in a lobster roll at Billys!

Next time I visit Maine, I hope to bring my husband back with me to The Beachmere. I know he'll enjoy the hotel, the beach and Ogunquit as much as I did during my getaway.

• Stayed July 2010
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Beachmere for 5 days in July. Although it was expensive, it was well worth it for what we needed - quiet, peace, beauty, nice surroundings, wonderful view, great sleep. We were in the main hotel in one of the redone wings - our second floor balcony (and living room sliding doors) - had a sweeping view of Ogunquit beach. The room was perfectly furnished in a spare, contemporary fashion with a kitchenette and all dishes and utensils. The bedroom could be made very dark and very cool and quiet. We never heard anyone else disturbing us with room noise the whole time we were there. Although there are families who bring their children, all the guests seem to be very quiet and respectful (perhaps the high price does some self-selecting). We walked the Marginal Way every day, sloshed around in the tide pools looking for starfish and lobsters, walked into Ogunquit to shop and dine, played tennis at the local courts, and sat on our balcony sipping champagne and watching the sun set. I can not imagine a more restful, lovely getaway. The expansive lawn that slopes down to the ocean affords a lovely place to soak up the sun or read. We will absolutely go back next year, this time for longer.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissMonkey'sMom
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, July 26, 2010
Thank you for your review of our Inn. I'm so pleased to hear you enjoyed our secluded (yet central) location, the accommodations in the west suites and the tranquility of our property. Our team works hard to ensure satisfaction for all of our guests. We look forward to return visit to us and to Ogunquit in 2011.