“Perfect shore vacation- everything within walking distance and gorgeous grounds.”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 25, 2013

We've stayed at Beachmere 2 years in a row and both times decided we'll stay longer the following year. Grounds are immaculate, location is best in ogunquit, and most rooms have beach view. We'll be back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013
There are newer reviews for The Beachmere Inn

Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was our 5th year spending a week at the Beachmere and we have already booked for 2 weeks next summer. We love the ocean views and the location with little beach right in front of the hotel. Since we have started coming here, my husband, son and I have all taken up paddle boarding and surfing after taking lessons from Liquid Dreams, who came right to the Beachmere for the lessons. The location can't be beat to walk down to little beach with all your gear. You can SUP at any time - high tide or low - and can surf from the sandbar between little beach and the main beach whenever the waves are adequate. When not doing that, there is boogie boarding, fishing in the river, looking for crabs, and digging sand castles. My son (now 8) always makes new friends each year and they can amuse themselves at little beach even during high tide when they pretend the large rock is a ship and the waves are trying to knock them off it. I see absolutely no need for a pool and am estatic they do not have one. I loved the outside fire pit that was new this year and apprecaite that they continue to make improvements.

My only complaint is that after being a loyal customer, I would like a simpler way to reserve my chosen room other than spending an hour or more every Jan 2nd at 9am calling over and over and over again to keep getting a busy signal. Unfortunaterly the rooms we tend to like go quickly so I feel I have no choice but to do this. I think after some point, there should be a way to pre-request a room/date. I hate to think what will happen if I ever have an important appointment or a business meeting during that timeframe one of these years and completely lose my chance at securing our reservation.

1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I used to walk by this place on the marginal way as a kid and dream about staying (maybe living) there. Now, once a year, I splurge for a few nights in the summer. The big old Victorian house that forms the centerpiece of the inn is truly beautiful right there on the cliff along the famous Marginal Way (a public walkway from Ogunquit Cntr. To Perkins Cove that offers staggering views of the sea and rocks as well as small beaches at low tide). The inn has undergone some major renovations since I was a kid, and now the non-Victorian buildings offer some beautiful rooms with patios and balconies, too, though the Victorian is still my fav. It is really hard to get reservations for this place during the summer season unless you either book way in advance (at least a year), in which case you need to book a week, or have an open schedule and take what's available for shorter stays (they book three night minimum stays for summer after April 1, and within two weeks of your chosen dates,they make even shorter stays available...but there is often nothing left). Families really need to book ahead as some of the rooms are for two or three guests maximum. In the summer, prices ranges from mid 200s to mid 300s, so it's expensive. But once there, you can literally park your car and forget about it (which is a boon in Ogunquit, where summer traffic and parking fees are both mind-boggling). You can walk to everything and the walks are pleasant. The water is not for the faint of heart (just got back and the water temp was 54 ...unusually cold for Aungust, when it's more often a balmy 60-62...but then, there's less traffic in the water, too. I and the few other brave souls who body surfed for 30-40 minutes at a time had the water to ourselves a lot. There were lots of surfers further out in full wet suits but not a lot of casual swimmers...which suits me fine). The crowds are on the sand. From the inn, you can simply walk down the expansive green lawn to the "little beach" at low tide, or, also at low tide, if you''re fit and brave, you can wade across the river to the big beach, totally missing the crowds and the parking lot). There are other hotels nearby on the Marginal Way; some boast pools and shuffle board and tennis, etc, but the Beachmere's thing is relaxation and the outdoors...no fuss. When the weather is fine, you feel propelled out onto your deck or balcony or right onto the great big lawn because the location offers what I'd call 160 degree views of the ocean and lots of sun. Dreamy.

1  Thank Deb N
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We were celebrating our 50th anniversary and wanted a quiet place to relax,read,eat out,shop and meet people. We were in room 35 in the Victorian building. It was delightful for us. The view was spectacular with the weather we had. The people you had working there were congenial and couldn't do enough for us.
Maybe next time,we could have a mini family reunion at the Beachmere. We would highly recommend the Beachmere to our family and friends.
Thanks.................David and Barbara Fleming

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David F
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We loved our stay here! The inn is beautiful and the location couldn't be better. We loved being right on the Marginal Way so that we could walk into Ogunquit (the traffic in town was horrendous!), and the expanse of lawn was great for our son to run around. The small outdoor swingset was also a nice amenity for guests with young children. The kitchenette was a great convenience (with a full-size coffee pot!) and the private balcony was wonderful. We will definitely return to Beachmere in the future.

Room Tip: Ground floor units have patios that are open to the common lawn areas, so are not very private. We p...
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Based on other reviews my husband and I booked 4 nights in August. Next door a family w 4 noisy children. Above us a thundering child who just ran back and forth over our heads all day and evening. Sold out so couldn't move. Rooms very tired, definitely need an update. Fitness room a joke. No pool and very very small rocky beach. I suppose in off season w peace and quiet it would be ok because view is glorious and Marginal Way walk is terrific. To their credit they did let us out 1 day early when we requested they try to sell the room. Also, the included breakfast was very nice

• Stayed: August 2013
7  Thank T S
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear T S

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Inn. I am sorry that you were disappointed with our accommodations, given that suite was built in 2007 with a king bedroom, flat screen tv's high end finishing’s and what we think are attention to details to make the room comfortable for our guests. We do have a fitness room offering two treadmills, elliptical machines, stationary bikes and free weights, but certainly could have referred you to a full service gym in the area. We do not advertise a pool on property, just our indoor oversized hot tub and the little beach out front. The little beach is sandy at low tide and rocky at high, but given that you can walk across the lawn, and down the steps out front to the little beach we find that our guests like the proximity and less hectic area for sun and surf. We did resell the room for you for your last night in consideration for the noise of the children which is not our usual policy but something we wanted to do for you. We try very hard to keep the families on the first floor and responded to any instance that we were aware of when children are being too active. I’m sorry if we were not able to help the situation after speaking with those families.

We hope that you will try us again, maybe in one of the Victorian rooms where the 2nd and 3rd floors are for couples only. In the mean time, I do hope you enjoyed Ogunquit and the many attractions in town.

Sarah Diment ~ Owner

Reviewed August 19, 2013

My family and I had a fantastic experience at the Beachmere Inn! We booked one of the suites in the Bullfrog and it was a perfect fit for us. It has the feel of a vacation condo with a lovely yard, perfectly manicured and inviting. The kitchenette was also fantastic, because it gave us the opportunity to have quiet meals in when we were returning from a long day at the beach. The staff is friendly, welcoming, and attentive. Each staff member that we spoke to made us feel really welcome. This was our first time to visit Maine and we are planning on making this an annual trip in large part due to the warm welcome that we received at the Beachmere. It is clear that the hoteliers take much pride in the property and the guest experience. Thank you for a wonderful, memorable vacation.

Room Tip: The Bullfrog is a wonderful cottage on a quiet street near to the Beachmere. It is perfect for fami...

Dear MBM21

I'm very pleased you had such a nice stay at The Beachmere Inn. We love introducing our families to the Bullfrog cottage as we think it's a great location for a family stay and at an affordable price with family amenities to make it easier for the traveling family. I will make sure to pass along your comments to the staff and let them know that they helped to put another trip to Maine on your "will return" list.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn.

Sarah Diment ~ Owner