“Awesome Place”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #2 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 17, 2012

After coming to Maine for more than 20 years and staying in a number of different places, a friend of ours told us about The Beachmere Inn and I have to tell you it's now the only place that we would consider coming to when we travel to Maine. The atmosphere in and around the place is beautiful, the service is great and friendly, the rooms are cozy, clean and very comfortable and you couldn't ask for a better view. We really don't use the pub much except for a quick lunch one day, but the Inn is in such a great location that there are many fine dining establishments either within a walking distance or a short car ride. My wife and I cannot wait until next October! Our only minor complaint would be that the WiFi in the room we stayed in was almost non-existant. Other than that - a perfect family weekend getaway.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,059)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great experience! Room 23 of the Victorian, small however perfect! View of Ocean was awesome as was the ability to walk to Perkins Cove or downtown via the Marginal Way. Outdoor firepit and patio were perfect for October temperatures as was the enclosed porch area. The onsite Pub had great food and breakfast each morning was delicous!. We can't wait to come back! My best desciption is staying in the Victorian is the best of a wonderful Bread and Breakfast and a nice Resort!

Room Tip: Make sure you request a Ocean view, though it seems most are Ocean View.
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My wife and I have been going there for years. We fly up from VA for the long Columbus Day weekend to see the fall foliage. We stay in the Victorian House and always get a room overlooking the ocean. It is a very restful and romantic place. We love to hear the waves pounding on the rocks, the sound of the sea gulls, the cool breezes, and the Sun rising over the water in the morning. The rooms we typically get are spacious, with king size bed, gas fireplace, nice kitchen area, and the best views in the world. They provide a nice free breakfast of mostly cold items, and coffee. There are many great places to eat in the area within walking distance, along with your standard set of tourist / craft shops. We love the walk along Marginal Way down to Perkins Cove. My wife loves to stop, sit in one of the many benches, and just watch / listen to the ocean. The Beachmere Inn is in a great location and overlooks the oceans. The service there is great / friendly, and the hotel is very clean. It is expensive there, but we think it is worth the price. The only complaints I have is that the beds seem to be getting a little old and could be replaced, The pillows are foam, not feather, and are way too hard for my liking. If the Beachmere Inn addressed these issues I would give in a 5 star rating. The last thing is that they have a nice little pub connected to the front office. I think the drink prices keep people from hanging out there at night. They should drop them to a more reasonable level. Overall, a great place to bring your wife or girl friend for a romantic time. Make your reservations early, because the place books up about a year in advance.

Room Tip: Check the hotel website to see images of each room.
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Some staff can seem aloof , as those at the front desk did during our recent stay. the housekeeping ladies were much more helpful and nice. we stayed in the bullfrog building. The bed and linens were soso The water pressure in the shower was great. Most annoying was the "door" which was really a window. The bright lights in the hall kept me awake most of the night. Difficult to open windows. in bedroom, at night drapes do not cover windows. The breakfast consisted of commercially baked low quality goods and weak coffee. After the 3 day stay, when mentioning the window/door thing, the desk had no comment. Ogunquit is beautiful and marginal way picture perfect. We love the Maine Diner in Wells. So you know the sleeping experience is the most important item in my evaluation of a stay. My dear husband had only praise for the Beachmere experience. He is a saint.

1  Thank deedeeeast
Reviewed October 7, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Bullfrog on Israel Head Road (#304) in September/October 2012. Our room was neat and clean, the area was very quiet, and the location was absolutely perfect. It is right in the middle between Ogunquit Town and Perkins Cove and close to the Marginal Way. We loved our stay at the Bullfrog and have recommended it to our friends and would recommend it to anyone. We would definitely stay there again in a heartbeat. It had everything we needed and more.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed at the Beachmere in early May this year for my first ever trip to Maine. All I can say is WOW! It was so beautiful. We stayed in the Victorian on property in room #28. The room was spacious w/ a kitchenette, king size bed, wood burning fireplace, large flat screen TV and rocking chairs on the deck which over looked the yard to the ocean. We slept with the windows open at night to enjoy the fresh air and the sound of the ocean. The staff were friendly and were full of ideas of where to go and what to try. Reserve early to get the best room! I can't wait to go back there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Jeanb1561
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My parents were going to the Beachmere at least 50 years ago. I remember visiting them when they were there, and we always had a great time in Ogunqit. As we got holder, we kept on going back from time to time, between trips to Europe and other great places in the world but the Beachmere was always there. It was our home away from home. As we got holder, an annual visit as become a must. Sarah, congratulation on keeping up the tradition and making the place what it is today. Probably the best kept secret in Maine.

Room Tip: Get in line!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends