“Heaven on Earth is just outside your door at the Beachmere”
Review of The Beachmere Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
The Beachmere Inn
Ranked #1 of 36 Hotels in Ogunquit
GreenLeadersGold level
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Heaven on Earth is just outside your door at the Beachmere”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed in Room 4 during the second week of September. This was our first visit but won't be the last. Just outside our door was a spectacular view of the ocean, and we were mere steps from the Marginal Way. We walked in both directions, to Perkins Cove, and into town, with breathtaking sights and happy people making each adventure memorable. Our room was quite comfortable, with a king-size bed, desk/dresser, two arm chairs, a fireplace and a flat-screen TV (which we didn't watch, it was no competition for nature!); also, a small, well-equipped kitchenette with table and chairs, and a bathroom with double sinks. Lowest level rooms in the Victorian building are beneath the decks for the second level beach-front rooms, so there was a bit of noise from lounge chairs being dragged around over our heads quite early in the A.M.- and feet stomping back and forth - but we just used the sounds as an alarm clock because we wanted to get each day started early! The staff was caring and friendly - thanks, RUBY! - and we had a wonderful time. Having had no vacation for the last five years, this was a splendid remedy to that situation, and has us ready to make an annual visit. Meanwhile, the photos & videos will have to suffice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
BeachmereSarah, Owner at The Beachmere Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Ruth S

Thank you for your review. I appreciate that you chose to stay with us after such a long vacation hiatus to enjoy Ogunquit and September in Maine. Room 4 is far under appreciated for the wonderful view it offers and the amenities it has. I'm glad you enjoyed the little touches we try to offer our guests. We put padding on the lounge furniture for the deck above and I will have the maintenance team check to make sure it hasn't worn off after a summer of use. Ruby IS a gem, and we are very happy to have her on our team. I'll make sure to give her a special thank you for service provided.

I hope you will not have to wait another 5 years for a vacation. We hope that you choose to return to us when you are ready. Until then, best wishes.

Sarah Diment

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (367)
Lee, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I have been staying at the Beachmere for 20 years and have seen it grow, but remain just as charming year after year. I always stay in the main house and all of the rooms are different, yet lovely. I expecially love the rooms with wood burning fire places. There is nothing better than a nice fire in your room after a day walking the Margingal Way and miles on the beach.. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, the breakfast offers delicious pastries and healthy items. You can watch the sun rise over the ocean right from your room or deck, it is just wonderful. I have looked at many other places in Ogunquit, but always return to the Beachmere with friends and family. I hope to continue going there for another 20 years!

Jeanne

Freehold, New Jersey
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I had been driving to Ellsworth, ME last year and had some extra time so stopped randomly in Ogunquit. We walked the Marginal Way and when I saw Beachmere, I fell in love. We took a brochure from the outside gate (smart marketing) and we went on our way. My husband surprised me and booked it for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversary. We were there Sept. 14 - 17. We loved it!!

We were in room 214 which is one of the lower priced rooms in the South building. It's basically an efficiency and has what we needed. There was a bed that seemed like a double but maybe was a queen and a second single bed. The beds were okay but not the most comfortable. There was a kitchen with microwave, fridge, utensils, plates and a sink. The bathroom was small but fine. The view from our balcony was amazing. We were right over the lawn that looks out on the water. The balconies included chairs and tables.

I absolutely loved the lounge chairs. The wind was blowing but the sun was warm and I was able to lay there for hours mesmerized by the stand up paddle boarders, surfers, walkers on the path, etc. To sum up our weekend, one day on the lawn there was a wedding not 100 yards in front of us with string instruments playing and there were rainbows in the spray from the waves. I couldn't believe this was real! Walking to town was so easy and we did it often. I loved Bread and Roses Bakery in town. We were also able to drive to Portsmouth, NH as it is only about a 20 minute drive. We also drove to Wells which was a joy. The houses on the water are impressive.

We checked out the gym which had a few cardio machines and free weights but also had a play area for kids right in the room which seemed like a nice touch. There is also a hot tub which was very nice and my husband was able to get a massage through the Beachmere that he enjoyed. We ate in the pub twice and thought the food was very good and the service excellent.

I cannot wait to go back. It was one of the most relaxing and beautiful weekend trips I can remember.

1 Thank Karen S
Glenmont, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed at the Beachmere for a wedding and had a wonderful time. The place was great. Our first night was in a reather small room but we were warned well in advance. The staff moved us to a larger room for the rest of our stay and the place was great. It was a corner room with a beautiful view. Sunday night we went to the Perkins Cove Lobster Pound and picked out our lobsters. The staff there steamed them and delivered them to us at the Beachmere where we had a fantastic outdoor feast. My husband is already talking about going back next year at the same time.

Room Tip: Room 7 is a corner room with a great view on two sides.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
NY
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We've been staying at The Beachmere Inn since 2009, which was when I first reviewed it here on TA. We loved it then and the love affair contunues. We just returned a few days ago and we're missing it already. There are good reasons why The Beachmere is rated as highly as it is. Sarah and the staff are incredible. The rooms and the public spaces are comfortable, tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. The grounds are beautifully manicured. The views from just about every spot on the property are stunning. The food at Bawdy Sally's is excellent pub style fare and the complementary breakfast is plentiful and has something for everyone's taste. I'm not sure why a few of the other reviewers have been disappointed that it isn't a "hot breakfast". All I can think, is that maybe they aren't familiar with what a continental breakfast consists of. The Beachmere has become a home away from home for us and we still can't imagine ever staying anywhere else in Ogunquit.

1 Thank NyLuv2eat
Burlington, Vermont, United States
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We stayed at the Beachmere for a wedding. The inn staff couldn't have been nicer, the rooms were just great. Our room was in the back of the Victorian and we still had a view! Our group had 7 rooms in different parts of the inn and every one was clean and bright and different. The location is great - you can walk anyplace or take the trolley. This was our first stay here but it won't be our last. Only down thing was that there was only one mirror in the whole room - over the bathroom sink - no full length anywhere and had to wait for the one to defog before anything else could be done.

Room Tip: Every room is different so just decide what you want - heated bathroom floors or not, fireplace or n...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Beachmere is a wonderful place to stay. The view is gorgeous The service is wonderful. This was our second year and we are all set to come back next year. Ogunquit is fantastic!! And the Beachmere is perfect!!!

Room Tip: As much as we love our room the walls are thin and you can hear everything going on. I don't kn...