Meadowmere Resort
The Colonial Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
The Grand Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$85
Sea Rose Suites(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$89
Terrace by the Sea(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$118
Juniper Hill Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
Hotels.com
The Admiral's Inn(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$79
$129
$125
Travelocity
$175
The Milestone(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$65
Hotwire.com
Gorges Grant Hotel(Ogunquit)(Great Value!)
$91
Hotwire.com
1,070 results
All reviewsroman spaindoor poolmovie theatermovie roomwest meadow pubjonathan's restaurantperkins covemarginal wayhot tuboff seasonfitness centercontinental breakfastget awayogunquit playhouseoatmealdonutsmain building
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We booked a night away at the resort after reading the rave reviews. Dog was at kennel, car was packed, kids were literally strapping in when the phone rang -- the pool was broken, and the desk clerk couldn't say when it would be working again -- "but definitely not today." With no guarantees that it would be open the next day, either, and with two little kids very excited to be swimming in Maine during a snow storm, we reluctantly canceled and asked them to refer us to another place nearby with a pool. After an hour-plus drive, we arrived, and although the new hotel was very welcoming, the pool was quite small. The kids were great sports, but in an effort to salvage the trip, I called the Meadowmere that night and was told that yes, the pool would be opening in the morning. I explained what had happened and asked if we could purchase a day pass. A little common sense and kindness here would have saved our vacation and made our family life-long fans. Instead the desk clerk told me the pool was closed to 'outsiders' (her words) during winter vacation. The snarkiness was the exact opposite of what we experienced at the hotel where we stayed, which will have our business from now on.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank emal33
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear emal33

It is with our apologies to respond to your posting and we thank you for originally booking your stay with us. We apologize that our hotel did not meet your expectations.

At the Meadowmere, there are several water amenities available in the quiet season, including the Roman Spa, Outdoor Hot Tub and Indoor Pool. Each of our water areas are tested daily, often throughout the day, to maintain safe and clean water, especially as it only takes a single guest to change the proper pool levels. It is of importance to us to provide pools and hot tubs in compliance with not only state, but federal regulations. In advance of this guest’s arrival, our indoor heated pool was not up to our standards and a decision was made at 7am on Sunday morning to clean the water. At no time was the pool broken and unable to be repaired; The amenity simply needed to be refilled and heated and would be opening the next morning. Though clearly not our preference to have pool maintenance impact our guests, we take guest health and safety seriously and will not allow for guests to swim in a pool that is not up to our exacting standards for their safety.

In advance of this guest’s arrival, they were contacted to offer the opportunity to cancel without penalty as we know that the Indoor Pool can be an important factor in a family vacation with us. In addition, we had contacted local hotels with pools to advise our guests still looking to come to the area with alternatives. Though the many guests we contacted chose to continue to stay with us, this guest took advantage of both cancelling their reservation with us and rebooking with another hotel. Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate non hotel guests at our pool during busy periods. This is stated on our website: ‘Our indoor pool is an amenity frequently in high demand by our Meadowmere Resort guests. To balance the needs of our resort guests, the Indoor Pool is available to members off-season October 1st through May 31st from Sunday 2pm- Friday 2pm and is Closed Friday 2:00pm-Sunday 2:00pm and School Vacation Periods in February, April and December. Special closings for parties and maintenance may subject hours to change.’

We were happy to be able to provide you with the option to cancel your reservation with us and with options to enjoy a vacation at a nearby hotel with pool. Though disappointed that you did not enjoy your experience, we are confident that we attempted to make your experience a success and clearly communicated that our pool and amenities are for guest use during busy periods.

We thank you for bringing your experience to our attention. Although we appreciate your business, we are happy to know that you have located accommodations to suit your future needs.

Thank you for sharing your concerns.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

If you read my earlier review of the Meadowmere, you'll know that I love this place. Since writing that review, I've been back twice more, and much of what I said before still applies. However, this time (my fifth stay here), I did have a somewhat disappointing incident. I was again staying with a friend, for our annual January getaway.

As it was January in Maine, the fact that it was cold wasn't surprising. We went to the outdoor hot tub and had a great time. However, upon getting out, I slipped on the icy mats and fell flat on my back. I was okay, but when I told the front desk of the incident, the only response I got was "Oh yes. We've been changing out those mats frequently; guess we need to do it again. Thanks for letting us know." No attempt to find out who I was or what room I was in.

The next morning at checkout, I again mentioned this. This person took my information and filled out an accident report, something I was told should have been done the previous evening. When I got home I got an e-mail from the Meadowmere asking about my stay. I told this story and requested a callback. I did indeed hear from the manager the next day; she told me she was very distressed to hear that the proper procedure hadn't been followed, and that the person in question had been reprimanded.

All of which was nice, and she did seem concerned, so why am I writing this? Because, given that this is my fifth stay at the Meadowmere, I feel that they should have offered me something...a free night at my next stay, a dinner at Jonathon's next door, even an upgrade on my next stay (which has happened spontaneously once before)..SOMETHING. It would simply have been good corporate policy, because now I have a little bad feeling about them. True, I wasn't hurt (just a little stiffness the next day), but it was just good luck that I didn't hit my head..and they did freely acknowledge that the icy mats were their fault.

Not a deal-breaker, and I will stay there again, but I think the situation could have been more wisely handled. For a small cost to the resort, they could have gotten a BIG payoff in good will. Just saying.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank calsmom2001
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Calsmom2001

Thank you for choosing the hotel for your January getaway and returning to visit us this winter season.

We appreciate the opportunity to assist you during your stay and apologize for your experience. During winter in Maine, we make every effort to provide safe access to and from our outdoor hot tub area, especially as dripping water and snow tend to freeze due to Mother Nature in January. To address this, rubber mats provide a path to and from the hot tub. These mats are rotated regularly throughout the day which is logged into a record – during the dates of this stay, mats were rotated hourly, as is standard policy. The path is marked with a large red sign indicating that caution is needed when accessing the hot tub area as guests should still proceed slowly to be safe.

We understand that such an incident can be concerning and thank you for bringing it to our attention so that more training can be provided to that individual. We apologize again if our desk staff’s response that day did not meet expectations and we have addressed this matter with the employee directly. We are genuinely surprised to learn that compensation now seems appropriate after the fact when writing an online review. We are disappointed to hear that our Front Office Manager’s and General Manager’s immediate response and follow up was insufficient – that certainly was not our impression when speaking with this guest.

Should you wish to discuss further, we welcome you to contact us.

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

If you are looking for a nice little break to help you get through this winter weather, try the Meadowmere in Ogunquit. It is a nice, friendly, clean, affordable getaway!!! This is a place where you can go and relax and have a great time. They have a nice pool and a great outdoor hot tub. We met lots of nice friendly people in the hot tub and also in the small pub they have there. They had entertainment on Saturday night and it was lots of fun. The Musicians name was Joe McDonald and he knew lots of great stuff and was very interactive with the crowd. The front desk staff was friendly and very accomodating as was the housekeeping. The hotel has a workout room and also a nice room to get a massage. It is a great place to go as a romantic getaway, as a girls weekend, or with a group of friends. I have gone many times to this place and always enjoy myself. They also have a fabulous package that includes dinner and 2 breakfasts, definitely a great deal if you like good food. Hope this is helpful to you!

Room Tip: I like staying on the first floor in the main building!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear lynnej2682

Thank you for your review – and for returning to the Meadowmere with friends and family.

It was our pleasure to welcome you for a winter getaway and thank you for the compliments on our hotel and our service. It sounds like you have experienced is all and have truly discovered the amenities, location and our special packages. We are happy to know that the hotel is a favorite for you – We often hear how nice it is to return for any reason and relax. The quiet season is a special time to enjoy the hotel and Ogunquit. We look forward to your next trip!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 30, 2013

I recently stayed at the Meadowmere Resort with a special off season deal ($99.00 for two nights). It was absolutely fabulous! The room was clean, comfortable and in perfect condition. As it was off season, we had the use of the indoor spa all to ourselves. It was a huge, relaxing spa; could easily accommodate 20 people. I had never been to Ogunquit before and found it to be really beautiful and charming. The few shops and restaurants that were open were very nice. Candy store was awesome! As an added bonus, they have a small (30 seat) movie theater. It has theater seats and a large screen. We were able to watch a recent movie and had the theater to ourselves. Again, it was off season - doubt we would get a private screening in season. There is also a state-of-the-art gym and sauna with a tanning booth. It looked fabulous! I did not use the equipment on our stay; it was unseasonably warm so we took a walk by the ocean 1/2 mile away instead. I would go back to this resort again in a minute. The staff was wonderful.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear LeighR1957

Thank you for your review – and for trying one of our quiet season deals!

It was our pleasure to welcome you and thank you for the compliments on our rooms and cleanliness. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the amenities and the village – the candy shop is a local favorite (and one of our favorite ways to surprise guests!). It sounds like you discovered our central location to the village shops, beach and Marginal Way. We hope you can return to enjoy it all again!

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

resort was well maintained with freindly helpful staff. Outside hot tub is an added plus and thefact that the resort hass deal with local massage spa to come on site to provide services and additional plus . Room was spacious and bed was comfortable. Only issu was headboard shared a wall with resort elevator . Dings announcing it's arrival started at 7AM and did not end until after 9 when I finally had to just get up and give up on extra planned sleep. Requst rooms away from elevators

Room Tip: Avoid 841 and room accross fron ice machine in south meadow 2nd floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank dotboy3088
Meadowmere, Manager at Meadowmere Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review and we thank you for your business.

We are happy to know that you enjoyed our service and thank you for the compliments on our upkeep. It was our pleasure to offer spa treatments onsite – a long time favorite for those looking to relax and unwind.

We apologize that the accommodations did not meet your needs and please be assured that it would have been our pleasure to make you comfortable with a change in location during your stay. We are genuinely surprised as your room is one of our most requested. Whenever a guest has a concern, we appreciate the opportunity to assist them earlier in a stay by letting us know as soon as possible. Unfortunately, as we were not advised of the discomfort until check out, we did not have this opportunity. However, we understand that a different location is a personal preference and have taken the time to note that a different location would make you more comfortable should you visit us again.

Thank you for sharing your feedback.