“Love Meadowmere” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
South of Boston
“Love Meadowmere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2008

I have stayed at Meadowmere numerous times and have never been disappointed. I've booked the luxury suite (the weekend deal for our anniversary), it was wonderful. No problems with the space, jacuzzi, comfort. I am amazed at the complaints posted.

I have stayed in all of the buildings with various groups, I've come in summer with my kids, with the "girls" to go shopping and for quiet time with my hubby. I have always found Meadowmere to be pleasantly accomodating.

Once, I smelled an odd odor in my room, and immediately it got changed. Another time, there was some issue with the room we were meant to stay in, I got the feeling it was "trashed" by some younger guests, and we were placed in a different building, but upgraded to a King with a skylight, which was nice.

I've never had a problem with route one noise, though I've only stayed during high season twice, and only once at the Country Squire in summer.

I cannot believe all the problems people encountered here, I've just found it awesome each time. Great location, accomodating staff, fun amenities. I wish the pub was open later in the off season, but other than that, I've got no complaints. I'm planning another Meadowmere stay this spring to do shopping with the ladies....

• Liked — proximity to everything I wanted
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (217)
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2008

Initial reservation: I booked a stay for 2 evenings in the Honeymoon Arch Suite - (Feb 1-2) I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Everything went very well- the website was well designed - very easy to navigate and made viewing and choosing the right room very easy. However I must admit a couple of extra pictures would do more justice to the specialty rooms.

Service: friendly and helpful~ calling in to confirm my reservation was handled with the utmost professional and friendly attitude.

The check-in process: was very smooth and helpful, we were given a detailed description of the amenities the resort had to offer. We were also told the scedules of events that were to take place~ covered clearly and enthusiastically.

Quality of room: Exceeded expectectations -The room was a very good deal even for off season rates and impeccably clean. I have spent hundreds of dollars more for a hotel room in the Adirondacks per night during the off seasons and the quality of this room was right on par with that! The room was beauitfully furnished yet simple- classy and homey. The bed had nice sheets and bedding just like you would find at high end bed and breakfast's. The bathroom was nicely appointed with two sinks, plenty of fresh towels and nice touches such as a heat lamp and massage showerhead. The jacuzzi was gargantuan! I understand that this was a honeymoon suite afterall but at the rate I paid I almost felt guity. (Meadowmere please do not raise your rates after this review!) The only thing I would have liked that was not included in the room was a cd player or dvd player- this would have been a nice touch for a honeymoon suite.

The rest of the resort: very nice as well- I did not use the pool or many of the other amenities that they offered however after taking a peek around the resort I saw that everything was very nice indeed. The library looked very comfortable- and if i had more days on this small getaway I would have surely snuggled up while reading a book in there. I also passed by a cute little tea room- that would probably hold about 4 people honestly but a nice filler room I suppose. The game room is somthing I did not get a chance to see but i did manage to watch a movie in the theater. A very cozy room! - I was laughing when i first saw it but really enjoyed it because I kept imagining having a a theater room like this at home and sharing it with my friends- it would be super! I also stopped by the pub to see if I could buy a bottle of wine for my room since everything was closed for the night- the bartender was happy to do so and gave me two glasses to bring with me. - (altho one was heavily smudged with lipstick from a previous patron!) lol

Town: Ogunquit is definetly a summer destination however its a great destination for a weekend getaway. Friendly folks- good food- good times.

Overall experience: I am very happy I chose the Meadowmere- and because of such a comfortable stay- it made my trip a very memorable one. Thank you Meadowmere.

• Liked — Surpassed all expectations
  • Disliked — Had one broken bulb in room? Not a real problem - plenty of other lights!
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled as a couple
MA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2008

I took my 7 year old twins for a two night stay at the Meadowmere during February school vacation last year. It was an affordable vacation for us. There were "professional moms" that had done it before but I learned a few tips pretty quickly.

Try to stay in the main building, otherwise you have to walk outside through the parking lot (wet after swimming) to the pool.

Bring flip flops and a thick terry cloth robe for all in your party - there's a lot of walking through the halls to get from one pool, to the other warmer roman spa. The pool water was chilly, and my kids kept needing to warm up in the other pool.

Bring the tray from your room to the breakfast buffet - you'll need it to bring the muffins and juice to the kids at the table. Not a huge breakfast, but it was ok.

Room service was disspointing, especially to the children who were expecting a well dressed hotel employee with a shiny silver tray - it came in a plastic bag, and was just ok.

Bring quarters for the arcade games.

Bring your own wine - room service in Maine can't deliver a glass of wine to you.

Make sure you ask for a mini fridge for your room so you can store milk and juice for your kids. Bring cereal and snacks.

My kids had a great time. If it's mild outside go to the beach! There's a movie theatre in Wells too. Logistically it would have been easier to go with another Mom

• Liked — Proximity to Ogunquit Beach - even in the winter!
  • Disliked — All the logistics involved with children and pools.
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2007

We spent 8 days here in Aug for a family reunion. We had 5 rooms. It was perfect. Our ages ranged from 0-70. It was a perfect location and we used the amenities everyday!!!

It is a short walk to Marginal Way and into town. It was just fantastic. We booked again for 2008.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
2 Thank LIMom78
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2007

We were unfortunately only spending one night in Ogunquit and booked the Meadowmere as it didn't require a minimum stay. Our room was great - second floor, small (very) balcony which I could see that some would be upset with if they had booked a longer stay - just room to crowd in two lawn chairs and sit and enjoy a coffee (except there were no coffee machines in the room). Very clean room - and adequate for what we wanted - we were out to enjoy the scenery in any event. Check-in staff was pleasant and helpful. The breakfast room was no problem at all for us and offered all we needed for a nice breakfast before heading out. We had no wait at all - but this was mid-September. I also have to say that the grounds are meticulous. Obviously, someone cares about the property. We would stay again but might ask for a larger unit if our stay was to be longer.

• Liked — Location - very handy to the water.
  • Disliked — Coffee machines in the units would be nice.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank krammajo
sarajane4
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2007

Me and more boyfriend wanted to go for a nice get away so we booked the medowmere, not knowing anything about it. We loved it... but then again we were a lil bit smarter than to go during the busy season we went a week before there season started, I am 21 and was probally the youngest person there. It was relaxing and quiet. Breakfast was no problem at all the staff was friendly to me, and evey night i would go into the indoor pool and outdoor hot tub and roman bath, and would pretty much have the place to ourselves. From what i read it sounds like the meadowmere is hopping during the peek season, and i don't know it i would have enjoyed myself then either, if you wan my advise go just before the season starts, the weather is still pretty nice, and the town is less crowd and the majority of things are open. I loved my stay at the meadowmere, and my time in ogunquit, there was plenty of parking by the beach, and no waits at the resteraunts. I would go to ogunquit and stay at the meadowmere again if it was off season.It's not just the meadowmere thats nuts during peak seaon it's the whole town. it can't be helped, and shouldn't be blamed on the meadowmere, most resorts like that would be crazy and filled with children, if children annoy you that much ( like it sounds like in other reviews) go in the off season, cuz there is no escaping that when they get out of school, besides it's cheaper..

• Liked — Roman Spa
  • Disliked — leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sarajane4
Rochester, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2007

Excellent experience for our 4 night stay! Four retired teachers booked 2 rooms at Meadowmere Resort in Ogunquit, ME through Priceline. We had excellent off-season rates and beautiful, clean rooms. I booked Meadowmere for location and facilities. We walked to the village, Marginal Way and Ogunquit Playhouse. This is a large resort with an indoor pool, outdoor pool, hot tub , Roman Spa and large excercise room. It is next door to Jonathan's Restaurant (which was a little pricey). The staff was VERY nice. They OFFERED to book dinner reservations for us twice and gave us a lot of good advice about attractions in the area. One of the two rooms was in the older back building and on the first floor. The room above had residents that arose VERY early and there was some noise heard. The other room was on the top floor above the Pub and was totally quiet. We enjoyed our stay and will return. The lobby area had nice sitting areas and a nice room with a computer to check email on free! The included breakfast was a large bar set up with all kinds of cereal, pastries and fresh fruit from 6:30 in the morning. This was off season, so we had no problem of waiting, which I read was a problem in season. Great 4 night stay!

• Liked — Location, staff, cleanliness
  • Disliked — small bathrooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ogunquit
The Anchorage By the Sea
The Anchorage By the Sea
#10 of 36 in Ogunquit
Gorges Grant Hotel
Gorges Grant Hotel
#2 of 36 in Ogunquit
Pink Blossoms Resort (Family Suites)
The Colonial Inn
#7 of 36 in Ogunquit
Cliff House Maine
Cliff House Maine
#1 of 1 in Cape Neddick

Been to Meadowmere Resort? Share your experiences!