“Nice place to grab breakfast”

Village Food Market
Ranked #9 of 97 Restaurants in Ogunquit
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Troy, New York
“Nice place to grab breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

They make a great breakfast wrap here. Small store with a nice selection of local foods, beers, and wines.

Visited March 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Nice little place, great breakfast just wish the staff was nicer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

My husband and I did a quick weekend trip to Ogunquit from Boston. After dinner we walked here to pick up some snacks and a bottle of wine to take back to the inn we stayed at. They had a decent selections for such a tiny place. All the food looked delicious we wished we would got our dinner here.

The woman at the register was gruff, no smiles or greeting. She seemed inpatient with us even though the place was empty and it was still 90 minutes till they closed. I bought a reusable bag to carry the wine in and as a simple souvenir. There’s no price tag on it so she asks the guy cooking how much it is, he says $1.99 she then says oh and think it's $2.99. I didn't really appreciate that but I wasn't going to argue with her over a dollar.

The next day we stopped for breakfast sandwiches. They make them to order and it was fast, cheap and really delicious. We walked to the beach and enjoyed them there. Again it was the same cranky lady at the register, no smile, no good morning. I said good morning and she just looked at me. I would of expected this in Boston but generally have found service in Maine to be more friendly.

Still a great place, even with cranky pants at the register.

• Visited March 2012
Dover, New Hampshire
“Great healthy tasty affordable food year-round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am fortunate to be a native year-round patron of VLF. I am also health-conscious, and I so enjoy their dellicious beef stew, soups and healthy sandwiches year-round.Being a writer I can easily get inspired when I sit in the outside patio area, as there are tourists from all over the world, especially in the summer. I find it interesting to glance at license plates from Canada,Vermont, NY, NJ, Pennsylvania and even Colorado and California! It is great that you can eat inside year-round even during the winter. They also have wine tastings and do catering, as well as take out and a great selection of meat, fish, salads, fruit, breakfast items,coffee and desserts if you prefer to cook at home. Make sure you stop by Village Food Market in the heart of Ogunquit, Maine whenever you are passing through! You'll be glad you did!

• Visited March 2012
Rhode Island
“Convenient store for wine etc”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

Loved that they sold wine and beer while you grabbed a sandwich. Would prefer if some of their grocery items went with the wine- like cheese and crackers or dips so we could bring that back to the B&B.

Visited October 2011
Brookline, Massachusetts
“This little market has it all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

Walking into the Village Food Market you will see their version of an old familiar look. The mornings are filled with locals and travelers, sharing coffee over morning headlines, dishing the local gossip. Freshly baked blueberry muffins, fruity delicious scones and coffee cakes, all to rival your grandmothers', are ready each morning to eat inside off-season (or in the summer on the patio next door at Fancy That). Amazing prepared foods, great wine selection, and baked goods to knock your socks off.

Visited November 2011