“There wasn't ANYTHING we didn't love about the Rockmere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rockmere Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Rockmere Lodge
Ranked #12 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Seattle
“There wasn't ANYTHING we didn't love about the Rockmere!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2007

When we arrived in Maine it was a dark and rainy night. Since we had never been to this area, we had a hard tim finding our way. One quick call to the Rockmere and they were on their way to our rescue to help guide us to their lovely Bed and Breakfast. We stayed in room 5 and loved the view from all four windows. The atmosphere filled with sounds of the ocean and local birds was most relaxing and soothing. The wicker furniture was very attractive and comfortable and the food was delicious. There wasn't anything about the Rockmere we didn't love! Bob, Doug, and Andy were fantastic hosts, we will definitely choose to stay there again! Thank you! Ron and Jackie, Seattle, WA

Stayed June 2007
4 Thank frogqween

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Boston, MA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

I've stayed at B&B's all over the U.S. and Europe and Rockmere is hands-down the best. My new husband and I went there this past weekend for a mini-honeymoon and were blown away by the friendliness of the staff, the high caliber cuisine, the house, our room, everything.

Stepping into our room (the Barbara Sue) was like stepping into a private little heaven. It was decorated beautifully with calm, soothing colors and a mix of cool, contemporary accents and antiques. The bathroom was modern and and spotlessly clean, with super comfy towels and a nice, plush bath mat. It was decorated as sublimely as the rest of the room.

The area is quiet and a right by the ocean, and a short walk to restaurants and shops.

The breakfast at Rockmere was stellar both mornings we were there. The first morning consisted of blueberry pancakes, home-made blueberry muffins fresh from the oven, sausages and fresh fruit with whipped cream. The second morning we had another great breakfast of chocolate chips muffins, a ham and cheese omelet, english muffins and fresh fruit. Eating out on the porch was delightful, and Bob was a wonderful breakfast host.

I can't say enough good things about the Rockmere and our hosts, Andy, Bob and Doug. We will be staying at the Rockmere
for every trip we take to Ogunquit in the future.

One more thing- their dogs are so cute, give them a pat if you get a chance!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Oonis1
Brevard, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2007

Rockmere Lodge sits royally at the edge of the Atlantic Ocean with rooms that allow visions of the sea and dreams of sea-going. The country Victorian decor matches the wonderful and gracious hosts: Andy, Bob and Doug. The breakfast is a both a work of art and a taste delight. If you want comfort, interesting conversation, wonderful views and breakfast to die for this is the place.

Tom and Susan Mahan, Brevard, NC

• Liked — The spirit of the place and the owners
  • Disliked — There was nothing we did not like
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank TomSusan
acsc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2007

This was my second stay at Rockmere w/in a mere 5 months. Again, I arrived solo to have some rest, relaxation, solitude, and a bit of work done - once again, I got everything I was looking for and so much more because the hospitality of Doug, Andy, and Bob were supreme. You are treated like family as soon as you walk in the door. I can not imagine staying anywhere else in Ogunquite then here. Ihave to come back on some business between July and August and am bringing my crew with me to share the wonderful experience of beauty, conversation, and calm that is Rockmere.

• Liked — the view and the privacy
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7 Thank acsc
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2007

My wife and I decided to go to Ogunquit to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I had last visited Ogunquit 28 years earlier with my family while my wife had never been to Maine. I told her to try to find a B&B with an ocean view steps from the Marginal Way. Rockmere Lodge, which is over 100 years old, was the only B&B to fit that profile. We stayed 2 evenings and enjoyed the beautiful landscaping, the delicious breakfasts, the peaceful porch and gazebo, the well-decorated room, and the lively discussions with the three innkeepers. Andy, Bob and Doug were great. My wife and I agreed hands down that our time at the Rockmere Lodge was the most memorable over our 6 day trip. A must see.

J & L,
Chicago-area

• Liked — Elegance
  • Disliked — No elevator
6 Thank NovaJoe
Waltham Ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2007

My wife and I have always enjoyed going to Ogunquit, but it wasn't until we found Rockmere Lodge that out stay there became even better. We have stayed there twice and both times have been comfortable and fun. Walking into the Lodge is like taking a step back in time when life was less hectic. We have stayed on the third floor both times and room #6 the Victoria-ruth has become our favorite. While lying on the bed in that room you can see the ocean out both windows. Also on the third floor you can sit in the lookout overlooking the Marginal Way and see all the beaches.
Going to breakfast is always a treat, whether you are served by Andy, Bob of Doug you can count on a delicious and different meal every morning, and when it's cool outside you will eat in the dining room with a fire going. On warmer days you will eat on the front porch overlooking the fish pond and Marginal Way. The Lodge is close to Ogunquit center so you can walk to the shops without worrying about finding a parking place.

• Liked — friendly Inn keepers
11 Thank ussnewdd818
Quincy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2007

My daughter and I were the first guests to stay at Rockmere over Easter weekend. We felt privileged to have Doug and Andy all to ourselves. We loved everything about our stay - the house, the decor, the breakfasts and the company. Our room had been newly redone, and it was beautiful - with a wonderfully comfortable bed. It was a cold and windy weekend, but the terrific hospitality made us glad that we had ventured out to Oqunquit for the first time. We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed April 2007