“Best Care and Service! Incredible and Serene Scenes!”
Review of Rockmere Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ogunquit
Rockmere Lodge
Ranked #11 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Best Care and Service! Incredible and Serene Scenes!

I highly recommend Rockmere Lodge.

I felt as if I was in a spa. Andy and Doug ensured I had a wonderful stay at their well-appointed and comfortable inn as well as get to know their corner of Maine.
This trip was an impromptu vacation to Maine where I have never been. The best trip I have ever had!!! Great restaurants, shops, cafes, and beaches abound.

Room Tip: Room #4, The Ashley-Mae “French Countryside” = very large with great views of the ocean
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Max Thank You So Much for finding us ! In this business it works both way...you made what we do so much fun . You were the perfect Guests..and now Friend ! You wanted to know and see the area and We can honestly say you did ALL the THINGS we suggested ! It was so much Fun the next Morning to hear what you did and seen the day before ! We did notice you from The Inn just sitting on the rocks on" Marginal Way" gazing at The Sea and as you said becoming Stress Free .If you let it The Area will take care of that for you . We have seen it many times with other Guests. We can't wait for your return visit To Rockmere Lodge . Again Thank You !

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I have been coming to The Rockmere for over 5 years. This past weekend I came solo, as I have done before . This beautiful area of New England is enhanced by this Inn, which is beautifully decorated , and the Innkeepers are gracious, sincere and accomodating. This weekend a magical snowstorm added to the beauty.
I always feel safe here when traveling alone, and will soon be planning another stay in the Spring!
Special Thanks Andy and Doug, as always!!

Deb
Chelmsford. MA

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jwthomp2
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

What can we say Debbie , but its always our pleasure to see you each visit and sit and chat and laugh together. And solve the world problems ! Ha Ha ! We Thank You for your Kind Words about us and we will look forward to your next visit with us .

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Rockmere for a three day R&R in mid January. It was wonderful - - warm and welcoming but unobtrusive hosts; a cozy and comfortable room where we slept like logs and could see the ocean from the bed; an absolutely fabulous breakfast; and literally hours up in the Lookout, reading, watching the view and chatting with other guests. Our hosts made us feel like we were at home, and this house is their labor of love. We will certainly return. We stayed in the Anna-Marie room and next time will try the room across the hall, the equally lovely Ashley-Mae. B&G from Boston

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
MEInnkeeper, Owner at Rockmere Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

We would like to Thank You for choosing Rockmere Lodge for your down time. We truly enjoyed meeting you both and Chatting with you over Breakfast . We can't wait to see you again in the future. Welcome to The Rockmere Lodge Family .

Reviewed January 31, 2013

We have been going to the Rockmere for the past 5 or 6 years now (usually when the Kennebunkport Christmas Prelude takes place) and feel like we are now family at the place. The owners are simply real people who aren't into hard sell, are warm and friendly, and always have stories to tell. We typically stay in the Judy-Lind, which is the small room to the side off the porch, and while there isn't much room, it is cozy and attractive. One of my favorite parts about the Rockmere is being able to hear the ocean as I sleep (it's about 200 feet from the inn). It's not really a family place, but is perfect for couples and solo travelers. A big thumbs up!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Marc and Lisa It wouldn't be Prelude is you weren't here in yor Room The Judy-lin . We so look forward to seeing you each year . Like Family to us . Thank You

Reviewed December 19, 2012

My best birthday present this year was my trip to Ogunquit and this time I took my daughter with me for a girl weekend. No snow this year, but the rain could not put a damper on the weekend. This inn on the Marginal Way was decked out for Christmas with a different tree in every room...simply beautiful. There are many places to stay in Ogunquit, but I return to Rockmere each time for one reason. While there you are family, not simply a guest. Andy and Doug are the Best! Good friends...good times...and amazing breakfasts!

Room Tip: I have stayed in most of the rooms and each has it's unique charm, but if you are an early rise...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank SOX44

Janet What a Pleasure to see you each year with either your Bob or your Daughter Anne. We are truly Bless to have such wonderful Guests that comes back year after year to us like you . Again like Family you are. We don't want to rush it ...but see you on your next Birthday !

Reviewed December 19, 2012

We visited Rockmere for the first time this summer and traveled with our friend Anne and we stayed in the top floor with an amazing ocean view. The inn keepers were "out of their way" accommodating and made us feel like we were home. The breakfast on the front porch was also
A wonderful touch and a great start to the day. This was a memorable vacation for sure, thanks guys!

Room Tip: The higher up you go the better the view
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Don H

Thank You for Your Kind Words about us and Rockmere Lodge .We look forward to your next Visit to us .

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my 4th time at the Rockmere Lodge for Ogunquit's "Christmas By the Sea" and 5th stay overall with my fiancee. It was a wonderful experience, just as all of them have been.

This is my favorite weekend of the year because I actually get to forget my troubles and enjoy myself. Going into the Rockmere is like taking a trip back in time. Old fashioned bedrooms, a welcoming couch near the fireplace in the main living room and the Crow's Nest (a sitting area overlooking the Ocean view) are just a few of the ways to forget the stress and hassle of the outside world and relax and enjoy life. (I am a TV junkie, and while there are great TV's in each room, I have yet to turn one one while I've been there).

When you stay at the Rockmere, it is the Inn Keepers who are the ones that make you their "family". Doug creates wonderful breakfasts (omelettes, pancakes, waffles, etc) and Andy sits in the dining room with you and discusses things to do in the Town, where you can eat, the history of the house, etc. "Uncle" Phil (a neighbor from next door) might come in and sit in on the conversation and joke with Andy and Doug. Other guests of the Inn may even become your friends and keep in touch when you leave (I have met some wonderful people during my time at Rockmere). You feel like you are part of something instead of the run of the mill B&B's that leave you a 1/2 of a Muffin in the morning and no one around.

And those "little things" continue throughout your stay - each room had its own, individual Christmas Tree; each room has a unique name; every time you go, you will find something different.

If you need somewhere to stay, try the Rockmere Lodge....and become part of the extended family!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mark M

Thank You for always choosing Rockmere Lodge each and every Year . You Both are so Special to us and Wonderful ! See You Both Soon .