“Great fresh food”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had great drinks and food at the Banditos. The atmosphere is really friendly and the drinks nice and strong! The owner is really, really nice. Service is a little slow, but so worth the wait!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Bandito's is the place to be in OGT! In addition to having the best Mexican food I've ever had, their music and location is perfection. Their Margaritas (and sangrias...and smoothies) are to die for. I've come here at least 6 times throughout the summer and each time the service has been excellent as well. Highly recommended to anyone even close to OGT.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

I try not to be too negative when trying a new place. But, having lived in California for quite a few years, I am well versed in Mexican cuisine. This place was awful from start to finish. You have to pay for some chips and salsa, ordinarily this is complimentary, and the salsa had no taste - chips were marginal. I ordered a house margarita on the rocks and my wife ordered a frozen strawberry margarita - both terrible. We both ordered the Banditos enchiladas (3), one with shredded chicken, the other with shredded beef, because they couldn't accommodate splitting the order with two beef and one chicken. That was not a big deal, but the food was horrible - too spicy and I generally like spice, so much salt that I started to get heart palpitations due to my high blood pressure rising by at least 30 points (just kidding, but you get my drift - this meat was so salty it could have lasted a month on the range). My wife couldn't eat her dinner and I told her not to bother bringing it home. Enough said......if you want some good Mexican food or even palatable food, skip this place! P.S. even the music they played was loud and obnoxious gadfly music!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

The margaritas and guacamole were great ... Sit outside and enjoy the street action while you drink!

Reviewed August 23, 2013

After having won a gift certificate for this place some time ago, I finally decided to check it out. My delay in going was simply the fact that Ogunquit is out of the way for me and not a place I often find myself in. However, my wife and I made a point to put our certificate to use and try it out.

So glad that I did!

I thought Bandito's might just be some hole in the wall, but its actually half a house with lots of little rooms, halls and a small bar. They also have an outside area of tables, chairs and benches, in which many people were hanging out and having drinks and chips. Inside these little rooms are colorful, quirky and decorated in a Mexican theme. We arrived around 8pm on a Wednesday and there was a 20 minute wait to be seated. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, so we took the wait as a good side (it was).

We started off ordering drinks, with me getting a house margarita and my wife getting a sangria. The drinks were about $8-10 a piece, but the margarita was a good one with what tasted to be fresh lime juice and not juice mixer.

We started dinner with an order of chips and guacamole. The chips were thick and warm, with a satisfying crunch. The guacamole was chunky and fresh. We'd prefer a bit more spice in it, but the flavor was there.

For dinner I ordered the Baja fish tacos and my wife had a custom made burrito. Both meals were excellent. The Baja fish tacos had some lightly fried fish chunks laid onto of a delicious cole slaw and onions. A creamy fish sauce was drizzled on it. Additional salsas were provided and I sprinkled some on top. All the flavors came together nicely. While the two tacos aren't huge, they ended up to be very filling and I left the meal satisfied. My wife said her burrito was also excellent.

Once seated, the service was very good with members of the wait staff checking in regularly. My wife has already asked when should we come back. The answer is "soon".