“Another first for dinner”
Review of Katie's on Shore Road - CLOSED

Katie's on Shore Road
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Stearns Road
Transit: During the season, Katie’s is on the Ogunquit Trolley line on Shore Road which stops at the corner of our property.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is another restaurant recommended by Katie Keene, general manager, The Dunes on the Waterfront. It was an excellent choice and they will see us again next year. The server on the statement says 417 Masta Kin and I thought her name was Johanna (sp). Anyway she did a great job. Again this restaurant was able to satisfy both seafood and non seafood eaters. They offered a dish I have never tried before which was the lazy man's butter and milk lobster. I found it both interesting and very good. Of course you just apply the calories to your hips. Cindy had the lobster (of course she will eat lobster) Mac n Cheese and it was superb. We shared the caprese salad which was very good. The snickers brûlée was different and very good.
Needless to say our seating location was excellent. We arrived early and were seated right away.
We highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank USMC178
There are newer reviews for Katie's on Shore Road

Reviewed August 31, 2013

We had a reservation for 7:30 and were seated promptly at a nice table. We were attended to promptly. Unfortunately, we had to wait a long time for food that was quite average. The eggplant appertizer was not the delicate dish I expected, but thick slabs of eggplant probably over cooked. The crab cake component of the seafood trio was overcooked, as were the child's chicken tenders. In fact, the chicken tenders were not edible and had to be returned for something else. The tuna special was high grade tuna, but served in a watery sauce. I think the preparation detracted from the tuna itself. The lobster ravioli was tasty. Overall, this was a disappointing experience that took over two hours (our check was time stamped 9:39). We informed the manager that we thought the dinner took too long. He told us we had to expect that on Saturday night. Putting aside the fact that it was Friday night, we felt there was a certain level of arrogance displayed toward us. This was a very disappointing dining experience. Under other circumstances, we would likely give the restaurant another chance. However, considering the arrogance of the manager, this will not be the case with this restaurant.

Richard1030, Owner at Katie's on Shore Road, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

This review is a recycled version of the same party's review on August 10 about the same dinner on Friday, August 9, to which we wrote a detailed management response. We will not repeat the same facts that are set forth in my response to that review, but I will add that these guests were finished with their entrees (and the adults' place-settings were cleared) at 8:55pm. They had three courses (an appetizer course, which they acknowledge; an entree course, which they acknowledge; and a dessert course). They had two bottles of wine for three adults. If they did not pay their bill until 9:39pm, the reasonable inference was that, after I spoke with them, the adults took their time finishing their wine and enjoying their dessert since they had already completed eating their entrees even before we spoke. I regret that they interpreted my personal pride that our chefs had served them a multi-course meal for four in under an hour and a half on a very busy Friday evening in August as "arrogance." For a contrasting review, I suggest the reader consider the "Great choices, friendly service" review on August 20 written by a couple with two children who nonetheless thoroughly enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Katie's is one of the nicer dinner spots in the Ogunquit area. Make sure to request a window table on the porch. It's a pleasant place with wonderful service. The only knock is the food, which is OK, not really special.

1  Thank LeGenerale
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My husband and I visited Katie's for the third time this summer, and it was by far the best. Our server, Hannah, was so polite, friendly and very knowledgeable. By her recommendation, we had the scallops and fig and the caprese salad to start, both of which were excellent! For dinner, I chose the buttermilk trout, and my husband had the seafood trio. The presentation of the plates was beautiful, and they tasted heavenly. We shared a bottle of wine and relaxed over a lovely meal. If you've never been, you have to try it! Thank you katie's, for a wonderful dining experience!

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

My wife, I and four children had dinner this evening at Katie's. We felt extremely welcome from beginning to end. Food was really impressive from the presentation to the taste. Good wine selection too. We dine in fine restaurants weekly and while some have the food down and others service, it is rare to find a restaurant accomplishing both.