“Old world Charm in downtown Ogunquit”
Review of Old Village Inn

Old Village Inn
Old Village Inn
Ranked #22 of 26 Ogunquit B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spent last weekend at the Old Village Inn and had a great time. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the ocean, seperate bedroom and kichen area. Having stayed there before we knew the place and the charming people that work there. The locals gather around 4 each day in the pub, catch up on local happenings and share a drink. What is great about this place is that everyone is welcome and made to feel that way. Picture "Cheers" by the sea. The bartenders remember you, the locals make you feel welcome, it's a good experience overall.
The food is terrific, the chef is very creative and the quality is top rate. The only negative is that there are only 7 rooms there and they are often sold out. I've become such a loyal I really don't want to stay anywhere else!

Room Tip: Rooms 4, 6 and 7 all have private balconies, looking to the sea
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KWC_Southborough

Reviewed July 7, 2013

View of the ocean from our room, our own little balcony with private entrance and a little kitchenette, downtown! Room was clean and quiet. The restaurant.. a few years back at this Inn, I had my first lobster eggs benedict -the most yummiest eggs benedict I've ever had. Although they no longer serve breakfast, we decided to try the Inn for dinner. Dean our perfect down to earth host made the evening that much more special, he makes the best Irish Coffee I've ever had!! And dinner... was excellent.. try the beer battered shrimp with chipotle sauce for a tasty snack-just enough batter, light, fluffy shrimp cooked perfectly, followed by clam chowder so delicious you want to lick the bowl. Dean suggested the 2-Lobster special which we are so happy we took his suggestion. Lobster shell was soft enough to break easily and the meat was completed to perfection again. We were way to full for dessert but had enough room for a couple of Irish Coffee. Great evening!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vacationhugger
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We dined at the bar at the OVI in May to celebrate our wedding anniversary. The owner and bartender, Dean, was both attentive and very friendly, offering great tips on appetizers, dinner and wine. Incredible service right from the start! We started with Bacon Wrapped Scallops and Stuffed Mushrooms, apps that were rated amazing in other reviews and they were right on the money. For dinner my husband had the Prime Rib and I opted for Wild Mushroom Ravioli. Amazing entrees and ones we would highly recommend. Great service, amazing food and a lovely friendly atmosphere. We look forward to our next visit !

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This place is yummy! We ate here during our stay in Maine. We had the best service, best meal, and they have a variety of tasty items to choose from!!! The filet mignon was delicious!!! We had the chocolate molten cake and the Banana bread pudding - mmmmmm!!!!! Definitely worth it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank summer211
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I'd recommend both the inn and the restaurant. I've eaten at the Old Village Inn 4 times, and each time have enjoyed everything I've had. The inn is clean and comfortable. Room 4 has a great view of the ocean! The manager, Bill, is very welcoming. He thoughtfully upgraded our room when there was a cancellation. What a treat to eat dinner at the restaurant and then walk upstairs to bed.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Went there for dinner with a friend. Our reservation was for 7 and we were seated promptly. The inn is old and the atmosphere reflects that, dark woods, very colonial. We started with Classic Escargot and Iceberg Salad. The salad was excellent, very fresh, and the balsamic dressing, just enough. The escargot were very tender, my only complaint would be that they needed a little more garlic sauce or maybe some fresh baked garlic. For an entre, I had the Tournedos of Beef Au Poivre. The beef looked more like a cube steak instead of steak medallions. I had asked for it to be medium rare, was well done, not surprising due to the thickness of the meat , a quarter of an inch, if that. Did I send it back, no, although I should have. My friend had the salmon special and said it was excellent. My wild rice was very good as were the fall vegetables that went with it. Coffee was good and the cheesecake I had for dessert was so light and good with its raspberry sauce. All in all, was good. Would I go back? Probably not.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Lagatha
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Great food...feel like I am in a little pub in the English country side..(they have shepards pie!)...cannot go wrong..Dean, the owner is a class act! It has a loyal following and you WILL return...get the sliders and onion fried string beans for a great snack before dinner....dinner menu is great and has many offerings...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo