“Excellent Food!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Great little diner with excellent food!! It's seat yourself, diner style atmosphere makes you feel part of the community as soon as you walk in. I've eaten here for both breakfast and lunch. Muffins are "grilled" which I had never experienced before. They are delicious. And I tried the "Dynamite" for lunch one day...rather interesting. A soupy mixture of ground beef and stewed tomatoes poured over a bulky roll. Was actually really good!! Best place in Oakland to have home cooked, local food!!

Reviewed February 14, 2012

The Early Bird is a well guarded secret to all but the locals. We stopped for breakfast on a trip south and were greeted like neighbors. The staff, menu, food, service, and fellow diners were all excellent. If you want to be treated like a local in Maine, this is a must stop!!

Reviewed November 24, 2011

My husband and I go out to breakfast about 3 or 4 times a month at the Early Bird Restaurant in Oakland. We sometimes have to wait in line to get a table, but the wait is always short. They don't have a host, so customers self monitor the waiting line and are seated first come first serve. Sometimes the waiting line seems really long, but it's never a long wait, as they turn over the tables very fast. It's well worth the 10-15 min wait! Once seated, the waitresses are very prompt and expeditious. It seems like I get my food in just 5-10 minutes from sitting down. It's very fast. The bread is homemade. The cooks know how to cook eggs perfectly to order. Bacon is great and coffee is hot. Perfection!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

What a wonderful little place. Food, staff, atmosphere, service all top notch. The prices were so reasonable I thought I had stepped back in time. Three of us had eggs, sausages, and Texas toast. This bill was less than $10 ~ Amazing.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Flew to maine because my step dad died recently to visit my mother and to help her with some stuff. Went there on september 2nd to the early bird. I have never been to this place in my life until that da and the owners refused to serve me and my wife and kicked us out out because they did not like my step dad or mom. I told him and his wife that my step dad is dead and we were hear from Montana to deal with his ashes and help my mom with her greiving and stuff you do when someone dies. He said "o well" and shrugged his shoulders as if he could care less that someone died. His daughter started talking to me in a caustic manner and implied that People like my parents werent welcome there and that my parents are more or less in so many words are bad people. I asked the owner if ppl in Maine are sympathetic at all to the dead and to the ones greiving and from what i understood from what he said that he is but only to the ppl who knew him here personally. I would not advise anyone to eat here. I think its pretty sad and unproffesional that they refused service to me and my wife is because I am the son of a couple they didnt like personally. Dont know if the food is good but the owner and especially his daughter in my opinion are nasty rude cold heated caustic people with no heart or sympathy. unless you are a local you will probably not be welcomed there either

5  Thank glendivemt

Been to Early Bird? Share your experiences!