See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2015

My husband and I vacationed at Alden for over twenty years and loved every minute. The food is fabulous, staff wonderful, fishing great. It is a true relaxing vacation where you can do nothing but eat, sleep, and play. It is perfect for families who want to get away from tv and electronics, as well as couples who do not mind quiet nights on a lake, as well as boating, swimming, fishing, hiking or doing absolutely nothing.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank 21795o21
Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent a few days here while visiting our daughter who is at college nearby. We liked the break from the run of mill hotels and motels in the area. We didn't venture far from the porch out front of the little cabin on the lake or the dining hall and it's porch. No real need to leave. Three meals included each day were absolutely fabulous. Camp was quiet by 10 pm each night. Loons each night too. These are older lakeside cabins - not full service hotel rooms. They are clean and have a private bath too. His is my wife's second visit and my first. We will be visiting again. Summer is mostly rented by the week so getting two days was fortuitous during the summer (thank you Alden). This feels like an old school Maine woods family camp because that is what it is. If you don't like the sound of little children having fun during the day, this is not the place for you during the summer. You may like it better in the fall. The staff were fun and friendly too.

6  Thank Jonwal
Reviewed August 6, 2014

My wife and I have been coming here with our children and grandchildren for ten years. It never disappoints. Great food, great fishing, arts and crafts for the younger kids, tubing and water skiing for the older ones. The owners have a knack for hiring a staff that is always upbeat and attentive to the clientele. The wait staff has always been accommodating to the numerous requests of a party that has been as large as a dozen. It is always a great way to relax and forget about the other 51 weeks of the year.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Giff K
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Outstanding family owners/managers. Cabins all have screened porches on gorgeous East Pond, a 3-mile lake with loons, osprey, herons, eagles and, most important, large- and small-mouth bass and brown trout. Other Belgrade lakes are nearby for fishing variety. Outstanding food; 3 meals a day; homemade everything. Rental boats or bring your own. Wonderful beach for swimming, kayaking, waterskiing. Casual activities for kids. It is not the Four Seasons so no A/C (& yes, it can get very hot in Maine in summer), no TV, and nothing fancy, but everything is comfortable: fresh towels, housekeeping, ice, everyday; mini-frig, hammock, rockers, wood-burning FP for May and early June (our favorite time); wi-fi in main building; good cell service in cabins. Good location for day trips to coast. We've been going to Alden Camps since 1984, with and without children and grandchildren. 10 mins from I-95. Lots of people come back year after year--it's that kind of place.

Room tip: Map of cabins is online. Cabins near beach are noisier in July and Aug, but perhaps more convenient with little kids.
Date of stay: June 2014