“Great people and great food!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Riverside Farm Market and Cafe

Riverside Farm Market and Cafe
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Italian, American, Fusion
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Belgrade, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great people and great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Even if you think this restaurant is out of the way, make the trip. This place has the most delicious food around, hands down. And ask for Amber ask your server.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sethgree

Peaks Island, Maine
“Great Setting, Excellent Food, Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Tucked out of the way on a not so busy street close to Colby College the restaurant is a great stop for lunch. Excellent sandwiches and salads are presented with some style. The service was attentive and personable. Deserts are worth the trip alone. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Waterville, Maine
“Disappointment”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The Riverside has usually been very good either for lunch or dinner. Recently we came in the evening to the Riverside for my wife's birthday. I had some duck breast. It was tasty but overdone, not at all rare as one should find magret. My wife's dish...veal piccata.. was a disaster. It was pasta with a piccata sauce and cut-up veal. The pasta was also overdone and the veal fragments made the meal virtually unidentifiable. Of the many trips to the Riverside this trip was the worst. We would be hard pressed to visit ever again.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Robert L
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Mt family and I walked into the restaurant to see that there was about 5 or 6 tables taken in the entire cafe. After being ignored for several minutes, a hostess came over to tell us that if we did not have a reservation it would be an hour wait.the hostess also informed my family and I that they were very understaffed. Not a welcoming experience.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank ehg91
Winslow, Maine
“Great food, and nice view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

This place is great, although we have only been here for Brunch a few times, the eggs benedict is the best in the area, and I highly recommend them. We usually get an appetizer, mimosas, eggs benedict and after that and tip we are close to $100, but I think it is well worth it.
My only complaint is that when my wife and I go there we always sit outside, and it seems that they seat the older crowd on one side and the younger people on another. I may be paranoid, but since my wife and I are in our twenties we were always getting seated on what I believe to be the young side. This actually seems to make sense in theory, but a couple of times we ended up sitting next to what I assume were Colby kids who were out partying the night before and talk about how "intense" the prior night was. I feel like I am eating with a bunch of Paris Hilton wannabes (That sounds much harsher than intended, but it gets the point across). Last time we asked the hostess to seat us at a table we picked and she was more than happy to do so. It made the meal much more p[pleasurable.

This is in the top two best restaurants in the area, I highly recommend.

• Visited August 2012