“Wonderful Experience”

76 Pleasant Street
Ranked #1 of 16 Restaurants in Norway
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: There was an excellent article written in the Advertiser Democrat on Dec 16th, 2010 with background, descriptions and pictures. This could become one of the best restaurants is Maine...no kidding. Excellent menu, outstanding food, and reasonable prices = a great wining combination.
Maine
“Wonderful Experience”
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

This lovely restaurant delivers outstanding food at a reasonable price in a comfortable setting. The owners, who also serve as waitstaff are charming and warm , and put you at ease. Our meals were fresh , beautifully presented, and delicious . The appetizer was superb - a crostini with escargot , flavored with sambuca. The salmon entree was cooked perfectly, with a crisp skin. The restaurant offers a great wine list which offers great value for the price. We have dined here several times and the quality and hospitality are consistent . It is highly recommended.

Visited October 2013

St. Michaels, MD
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find in Oxford Hills”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

A chance inquiry at the local bookstore led us to hike up the hill to see 76 Pleasant Street and try for a reservation. We decided to come back several days later when they could accommodate us and our anticipation of something extraordinary was well rewarded. The restaurant itself is housed in a stately Victorian home which has been tastefully restored, retaining much of its original charm. Sited on a sprawling hillside property, tastefully planted beds and a beautiful barn welcome arriving diners. Dining rooms are intimate and not overly decorated. Original architectural details were highlighted in the restoration. We found the wine list to be eclectic, and they happened to be out of a hoped-for favorite Chardonnay. Bread for the table (flown in from California!) was fresh tasty - as it should be. Appetizers were varied and generous portions were served. Entrees were cooked to perfection--scallops with a nice crust on the outside and creamy on the inside, and filet mignon cooked to a turn with a yummy sauce. Desserts were artful--our creme brûlée was classic. We enjoyed chatting with the proprietor about her ties to Maryland. We are in the hospitality business (B&B) and appreciate attention to details. We will certainly be back whenever we are in town.

• Visited August 2013
New York City, New York
“Best in area”
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal, great service. One dish among 6 of us was not as good as it should have been (just over spiced but even that dish was very fresh) but otherwise everything was really good. The menu options were all so well chosen that it would've been easy to order most of the menu. Owner was very charming. Great experience. Most wines at or under 30/btl so definitely focused on easy drinking though the cuisine itself could stand up to great wines.
The house is lovely and well preserved. Menu items included filet mignon perfectly cooked and accompanied by white beans puréed and big fresh mushrooms sautéed. Sauce was deftly prepared. Chocolate Creme brûlée and profiteroles were big hits for dessert. Veggie entree was very well executed too. Definitely our best dining experience in the area. Great job!

• Visited August 2013
“True gourmet”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Ok so just a little saltier than I would prefer but I ate every last bite of my Sea Scallop dish. Prices were in the $20's which is fair for the quality.....but you better make a reservation or you might just be out of luck.

Visited August 2013
Hanson
“High end food put not prices in an unexpected place”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We have a family house in Naples Maine and my wife and I were looking to go out for a nice dinner while my dad watched our little one. Someone who has a place in Norway Maine recommended this to me so after reading some reviews we decided to give it a try. It was an excellent suggestion. The place is both casual and fancy. No need for dress clothes but it is nice inside and the big old house is a very pleasant setting. My wife and I went on a Sunday so it was not packed but there was a good crowd by the time we were done. We both got appetizers, a main course and a dessert along with a bottle of sparkling wine and with a 23% tip the bill was only $155. For the quality of food I considered this a great deal. The Highlight of the meal was the duck my wife got. She loves duck, gets it a few times a year and said this was the best duck she has ever had. I got the beef dish and though it was not the most tender filet I have ever had the sauce on it was fantastic and made the dish. The desserts were also excellent as my wife got a very fine crème Brule and I got the apple tart which was the second best apple dessert I have ever had next to the Apple Crisp Tart at Al Forno in Providence. Service was top notch and we were beyond happy with the whole experience. The chef does a great job creating food that is out of the norm but still very approachable. I highly recommend this place if you are at all near Norway Maine. Another plus is the casino in Oxford is less than 15 mins away. Reservations are recommended, I have heard this place can get packed as there are not many places this high end in the area.

• Visited June 2013

Been to 76 Pleasant Street? Share your experiences!