“Not as pictured on their website”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn Town Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Norway
Inn Town Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Norway
Bowdoin, Maine
“Not as pictured on their website”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

When I called to make my reservation the lady answered "Hello". I had to ask if it was The Inn Town motel. She had a very thick accent and without telling me she transferred me over to another person who spoke clear English. I SPECIFICALLY asked this person if the rooms looked liked the one posted on their website. I was told without hesitation that their rooms were liked the one on their website. With that knowledge, I made my reservation. The room didn't look ANYTHING like the room on their web. The window was opened which I thought odd. One of the chairs had stains in the seat, a dark stain on the carpet near the bed, a burn hole on the bedspread, the mattress was hard as a brick, and the lampshades were all peeling on the inside. The bathroom, however, was very clean but you could hear (very clearly) the people in the adjoining room. With a little TLC it could be a nice motel. Very outdated furniture and decor.

Room Tip: The motel appears to have a lot of rooms. One wing is towards the back of the property. My room was...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NanaP155

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This room was filthy! For $66.34 for one person I've gotten better deals elsewhere. For starters the toiler had one of those bands on it to let you think it was clean but when I lifted the lid there was a fecal matter stain on the back of the toilet seat. There were hairs all over the bathroom floor. Bed was not any better. There were human hairs on the pillow. There were lady human hairs further down in the sheets. Clearly the sheets have not been cleaned. If it wasn't so late when I checked in and if I hadn't been driving for 12 hrs that day I wouls have gone elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank pluckysimper

Travelers are raving about these Norway hotels

Brooklyn, NY
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We had family business to get done in town and the Inn Town is centrally located to get everything done and have some family time as well. The room was fine, nothing fancy, but it had all we required. The service and price were just fine.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank AuntKaren
noway
Reviewed September 15, 2012

tis motel has curb appeal so we came on in.front desk person was nice and accomidating to our needs.rooms were very clean and this motel is very accesable to restaurants and sight seeing.all in all a very comfortable stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ann w
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed December 1, 2011

The only way I would recommend this hotel, is if you are in the middle of a heavy snow and rain and out of gas and practically lost; as I was when found it.

The room wasn’t clean since the last customer, and neither the heater nor the key work properly. The carpet and the sheets where full of dust.

BUT, these conditions are better than freeze outside. If I get lost again, I would definitely stay once more.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank frenst
Lisbon, Maine, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The worst customer service ever. The owners mother & father run the whole motel & the wife is so rude. I have never met anyone like them. They don't know what good customer service means. The rooms are out of date. The televisions rarely work & are from like the 70's. The water pressure was terrible for the shower, couldn't even take a shower. The place was just overall terrible. I do not recommend it to anyone.

Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paisley W
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

Currently staying at The Inn Town Motel in Norway Maine as we speak in a non-smoking room, and so far all I can do is praise these guys. They have been really welcoming, and accommodating. The room is in good condition, and perfectly habitable for a long period of stay like mine, 2 weeks i'm here for! They even brought me a fridge because I am staying for so long. There is no dust, and there is a perfectly adequate heater on the wall with instructions on how to operate it. Every day I see two people buzzing around with their cleaning trolly carrying freshly cleaned towels and bedding, a hoover and other cleaning utilities so I know the rooms are being cleaned, and judging by my room, to a high standard as what I would expect from any accommodation. When you stay you also have high speed access to the internet in your room for free. They have wifi in the first block of rooms, but not in the second, but I was provided with an ethernet cable to plug into the wall instead. Remember, access to the internet is a privilege and not a right of your stay, so don't go moaning you have to use a cable! Also you get a TV with access to a lot of cable stations (although some seem to have discontinued, thats called progress!) They don't advertise them selves to being a 5 star location, and aren't trying to be that, they are providing a good quality service and room for a reasonable price so I don't know why all the bad reviews. The staff have been nothing but polite to me, and giving me suggestions on places to go as well, so I suspect some of the poor reviews are by people from other local motels/hotels or people who don't know the rule of, treat people how you would like to be treated.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Andrew M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norway
Hampton Inn Oxford
Kings Hill Inn
Kings Hill Inn
#1 of 1 in South Paris
The Bethel Inn Resort

Been to Inn Town Motel? Share your experiences!