Beautiful cabins, well spaced and felt very private. We had a two bed cabin with kitchenette which was perfect for us. The grounds are just lovely, some nice trails, a lake and stunning views out into the bay from the top of the hill.
The location is great too, about 5 mins from Lincolnville Beach and about 15 mins from Camden, so nice to be out and about but great to come back and relax. From a price point of view this place is great value for what you are getting, much more so than some of the guest houses we looked at.
Down sides, nothing major, housekeeping was a little disappointing. First morning they arrived about 11, perfect, second morning arrived a little after 9, we weren't ready asked if they would come back and we were told no, the only come around once-this is poor! We therefore had full bins, wet towels and unmade beds-not the end of the world but on principal this should have been dealt with.
Upsides, location, views, cabins, all of it really, will definitely go back-my first choice if I'm in this beautiful area of mid-coast Maine!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive at Point Lookout, with plans to stay a few days and leave with memories that will last a lifetime. Situated on 387 acres of picturesque mountainside terrain overlooking Penobscot Bay, in Maine's scenic Mid-Coast region, the grounds at Point Lookout are reminiscent of a nature preserve. Surround yourself with a true authentic Maine experience, while taking in the sights, sounds and splendor of the area around you. Regardless your passion, Point Lookout has something to excite and inspire you. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiast appreciate the natural beauty of our wooded property. Weaving its way through and around the grounds are 3.8 Miles of hiking trails that provide ample opportunities to connect with nature. From the giant Maine pine trees, to the red granite boulders, and down to the rocky shore of our private beach access, you will enjoy being surrounded by many of the natural features Maine is renowned for. Take photographs of the exotic plant life along the trails, keep your eyes out for some of our Maine wildlife neighbors such as wild turkeys, porcupines, moose, fox and more. Bring along your binoculars because you will have a chance to see a variety of birds, both indigenous and migratory, as the call the area surrounding the grounds their home. Travelers can look forward to a truly unique vacation experience when staying at Point Lookout. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Great outdoor camping experience fused with great resort style amenities. Choose from one of our authentic Maine pine log cabins - one, two or three bedrooms, and enjoy all of the comforts of a fine hotel or bed and breakfast, along with the added space and conveniences of a fully furnished cabin complete with kitchen, refrigerator, stove, microwave, screened in front porch, cable television and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Point Lookout Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Hotel Northport
- Point Lookout Resort Maine/Northport