Spent several nights here while visiting our daughter. Loved our little cabin, it was very cozy. Would have liked a tub instead of just a shower, and the internet left a little to be desired in terms of speed; but on the other hand, had enough of a kitchen to store snacks and light meals, and a screened porch to sit in at night. Hiked some of the trails, the ones through the woods were nice. Be prepared for hills!!! We spent an afternoon on the beach, it was absolute heaven. The gym is very nice (my daughter and her boyfriend live nearby and have memberships--it's a complete gym). I got breakfast at the Copper Pine cafe and enjoyed it very much! Great location for exploring the Maine coast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive at Point Lookout, with plans to stay a few days and leave with memories that will last a lifetime. Situated on 387 acres of picturesque mountainside terrain overlooking Penobscot Bay, in Maine's scenic Mid-Coast region, the grounds at Point Lookout are reminiscent of a nature preserve. Surround yourself with a true authentic Maine experience, while taking in the sights, sounds and splendor of the area around you. Regardless your passion, Point Lookout has something to excite and inspire you. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiast appreciate the natural beauty of our wooded property. Weaving its way through and around the grounds are 3.8 Miles of hiking trails that provide ample opportunities to connect with nature. From the giant Maine pine trees, to the red granite boulders, and down to the rocky shore of our private beach access, you will enjoy being surrounded by many of the natural features Maine is renowned for. Take photographs of the exotic plant life along the trails, keep your eyes out for some of our Maine wildlife neighbors such as wild turkeys, porcupines, moose, fox and more. Bring along your binoculars because you will have a chance to see a variety of birds, both indigenous and migratory, as the call the area surrounding the grounds their home. Travelers can look forward to a truly unique vacation experience when staying at Point Lookout. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Great outdoor camping experience fused with great resort style amenities. Choose from one of our authentic Maine pine log cabins - one, two or three bedrooms, and enjoy all of the comforts of a fine hotel or bed and breakfast, along with the added space and conveniences of a fully furnished cabin complete with kitchen, refrigerator, stove, microwave, screened in front porch, cable television and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Orbitz so you can book your Point Lookout reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Hotel Northport
- Point Lookout Maine/Northport