We were here for a full weekend event! The cabins were good. We had a double room/double bath! I do not know the full price because we were given a discount because there were so many family members staying at the resort. Even with our discount, it was more money than we would typically pay...with that said, the places we stay aren't usually like this! The cabins were nice. But nothing fabulous! And it was clean, BUT we found socks, a hat, and an old wash cloth under the bed! Ewwwwwwww! Cleaners need to open drawers and bend over to clean a bit better. It certainly wasn't dirty, but I like it clean! We ate catered meals for lunch and dinner--yum! We had lobsters, stew..Traditional Maine lobster feast one night, barbecues for lunch, and a steak or fish dinner...Mmmmm All of the food was delicious. We ate at the cafe for breakfast! Decent and fair priced breakfast!! We spent our days using the amenities! Soccer and kickball on their fields--which are spectacular. Bowling with the kids too! Hiking trail was great with tasty blueberry bites along the way. We loved our days at the ocean...but the highlight was our trip to the top of the mountain! Wow!!!!!!! Gorgeous! One of the best views in Maine for sure. The view during the evening was breathtaking! Speechless! We would come back again, but, we are a budgeting family...this would be a place we would have to save up for!
Side note..the workers are super nice and sweet. One young lady was leaving, but stopped us to ask about our stay. We were quite surprised! Oh. One more thing...great location..near Camden, Rockland, Belfast! Belfast was a quick, little trip for us. We enjoyed the little shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive at Point Lookout, with plans to stay a few days and leave with memories that will last a lifetime. Situated on 387 acres of picturesque mountainside terrain overlooking Penobscot Bay, in Maine's scenic Mid-Coast region, the grounds at Point Lookout are reminiscent of a nature preserve. Surround yourself with a true authentic Maine experience, while taking in the sights, sounds and splendor of the area around you. Regardless your passion, Point Lookout has something to excite and inspire you. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiast appreciate the natural beauty of our wooded property. Weaving its way through and around the grounds are 3.8 Miles of hiking trails that provide ample opportunities to connect with nature. From the giant Maine pine trees, to the red granite boulders, and down to the rocky shore of our private beach access, you will enjoy being surrounded by many of the natural features Maine is renowned for. Take photographs of the exotic plant life along the trails, keep your eyes out for some of our Maine wildlife neighbors such as wild turkeys, porcupines, moose, fox and more. Bring along your binoculars because you will have a chance to see a variety of birds, both indigenous and migratory, as the call the area surrounding the grounds their home. Travelers can look forward to a truly unique vacation experience when staying at Point Lookout. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Great outdoor camping experience fused with great resort style amenities. Choose from one of our authentic Maine pine log cabins - one, two or three bedrooms, and enjoy all of the comforts of a fine hotel or bed and breakfast, along with the added space and conveniences of a fully furnished cabin complete with kitchen, refrigerator, stove, microwave, screened in front porch, cable television and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Orbitz so you can book your Point Lookout reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Hotel Northport
- Point Lookout Maine/Northport