The cabin was lovely, beautifully appointed and spotless. The light was on and gas stove burning on a snowy winter night when we arrived. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! The kitchenette however was not fully appointed as advertised, unless all you plan to do is eat takeout. After a good deal of searching we did find one frying pan and one pot, but no cooking utensils or mixing bowls, not even a spatula to turn an egg! This was a big downside as we had planned to make a lovely breakfast and were not able to. The second complaint is the unreasonable checkout time of 10 am,not very conducive to a getaway weekend.
Overall a nice place if you are not a cook. p.s Agree that cabins are difficult to find in dark, but if you want a bright spot go stay at a chain hotel not a cabin in the Maine woods!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arrive at Point Lookout, with plans to stay a few days and leave with memories that will last a lifetime. Situated on 387 acres of picturesque mountainside terrain overlooking Penobscot Bay, in Maine's scenic Mid-Coast region, the grounds at Point Lookout are reminiscent of a nature preserve. Surround yourself with a true authentic Maine experience, while taking in the sights, sounds and splendor of the area around you. Regardless your passion, Point Lookout has something to excite and inspire you. Nature lovers and outdoor enthusiast appreciate the natural beauty of our wooded property. Weaving its way through and around the grounds are 3.8 Miles of hiking trails that provide ample opportunities to connect with nature. From the giant Maine pine trees, to the red granite boulders, and down to the rocky shore of our private beach access, you will enjoy being surrounded by many of the natural features Maine is renowned for. Take photographs of the exotic plant life along the trails, keep your eyes out for some of our Maine wildlife neighbors such as wild turkeys, porcupines, moose, fox and more. Bring along your binoculars because you will have a chance to see a variety of birds, both indigenous and migratory, as the call the area surrounding the grounds their home. Travelers can look forward to a truly unique vacation experience when staying at Point Lookout. Enjoy the best of both worlds. Great outdoor camping experience fused with great resort style amenities. Choose from one of our authentic Maine pine log cabins - one, two or three bedrooms, and enjoy all of the comforts of a fine hotel or bed and breakfast, along with the added space and conveniences of a fully furnished cabin complete with kitchen, refrigerator, stove, microwave, screened in front porch, cable television and wireless internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Point Lookout reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Point Lookout Hotel Northport
- Point Lookout Maine/Northport