All reviews bowling alley hiking trails bedroom cabin fitness center screened in porch leather chairs private beach three bedroom gas stove great cabin full kitchen tennis courts cooking utensils own bathroom small kitchenette rustic feel fire pit
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This was my 2nd time at Point Lookout...both times for a conference. Last year, I was quite impressed...with both the cabin and the conference amenities. This year, my cabin was dirty (not terrible but certainly not pristine as it had been the year before) and a number of things during the conference seemed to be lacking...most notably the availability of water and coffee. My conference will be at this facility next year and I took the time while in the area to figure out where I'll be staying...as I know it will not be at Point Lookout. There are plenty of better places in Camden and Belfast....both less than 10 miles away...and both with the option to have water views.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
DHendrix, General Manager at Point Lookout, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for letting us know about your stay and I am sorry to hear that you had concerns regarding your stay. I have gone over this review with our housekeeping team, so we can learn from our mistakes.

While groups choose what to have for the food functions, there is no excuse for your experience in on of our deluxe cabins.

While we are less then 10 miles from Camden or Belfast, I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I had a promo deal to stay here $129 for 2 nights in a very large and nicely appointed cabin in the (manicured) woods. The room was listed at nearly twice that much but it being pre-season I doubt anyone really pays that much. The "luxury" billing is way off the mark. The amenities were either sparse (like 2 tiny bottles of unreplenished toiletries and no restaurant options past breakfast) or missing altogether (no room cleaning during your stay, no tub, no lobby at all). But the cabin was large and clean, with a gas stove-style fireplace, 2 sumptuous leather armchairs, screened in porch and king size bed. The bathroom was large but nearly useless with a balky toilet (a plunger with plastic grocery bag wrapped around its head was included at no extra charge!) a puny little plastic shower stall and only 1 hook for clothes/pajamas and/or towels). The vanity had drawers but they were so dusty that when I took out my black yoga pants the next morning they were unwearable. The campus is lovely but the view ("point lookout") is reserved for a few select general areas (like the drive on the way to the registration/fitness center). The Copper Pine Cafe, open only for breakfast & lunch at this time of year, was a nice surprise. While the serving style was confusing the folks there were extremely friendly and the few hot entree options were very well done - tasty, generous enough and beautifully presented.

1  Thank joannabee

Thank you for taking the time to review Point Lookout. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay with us again in the future and I hope you have an opportunity to experience more of the many amenities we have to offer. From the hiking trails leading to the Summit and Knights Pond, to the bowling alley, to the private beach, Point Lookout has something to offer for every season.

Reviewed April 19, 2012

Escaping from Boston for a weekend in mid-coast (off-season) Maine seemed just the ticket. We booked a 1bd King cottage for a Saturday-Monday stay, assigned to unit #43. We were able to park right in front of our cottage. Walking in, it had a wonderful woody/cabin-y smell. The bed was very comfortable and the entire place was very clean.

>The kitchenette came with dishes and silverware (incl. a knife, cutting board, and wine opener), a microwave, coffeemaker, toaster and small refrigerator. Unfortunately there was no cooktop or oven--those seem to be in the 2bd/2ba units only, a detriment to a stay longer than a weekend. They do supply coffee and filters, some sweetener and non-dairy creamer, as well as black tea bags.
>The bathroom is roomy, but there is only a shower stall.
>The gas stove in the King unit was great for our cool nights and functioned very well at heating up the small space.
>There is an older Bose radio in the unit which does not have an AUX jack, only L/R RCA jacks.

There are plenty of hiking trails to explore, something we did in the early afternoons just to get out. The majority of our trip was spent on the screened-in porch or in the two comfy chairs inside, reading. We never used the TV--a CRT--or the DVD player that was with it.

All-in-all, it was a comfy and quiet stay. We would definitely return for a weekend trip, especially during the slow off-season. I can imagine that it would not be nearly as peaceful once the units begin filling up.

Room tip: Our cottage was in the lower group of units and is closer to US1, so we could definitely hear road traffic. Maybe it lessens with full-foliage trees, but I would recommend asking for a cottage in the upper group, farther from the highway.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 2, 2012

I rented two cabins at Point Lookout Resort in February for a family trip to the US National Toboggan Championships in Camden. I rented a 2 bed /2 bath cabin and a 3 bed / 2 bath cabin. Both cabins were cozy and comfortable and had all the amenities we needed to feel right at home. The location is beautiful and the drive to and from Camden only took about 15 minutes.

Making our reservation was easy, and the staff was able to reserve cabins that were very close to one another. In both cabins we did plenty of cooking and had everything we needed. Both cabins were well insulated and stayed plenty warm during our frigid February stay. Staff cleaned well daily. The grounds staff did a good job keeping snow and ice off walkways and roads.

Point Lookout’s big selling point for us when we were researching accommodations near Camden was that they welcome pets. It was wonderful to be able to bring our dog with us. We were nicely surprised when we arrived and saw that the cabins were more modern and comfortable than we had expected. We would recommend Point Lookout to anyone, especially families, looking to get away to enjoy nature in Maine. We plan to reserve again for next years’ Toboggan trip.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I couldn't wait to escape to Maine and stay at the Point Lookout resort for the second year in a row. We love the cabin, its cleanliess, extreme quiet, and close proximity to Camden, Rockport, Belfast.

We pretty much only left the cabin to get dinner and spent the days relaxing with the tv, our kindles, and by napping.

The only downside for this stay was a strong sulfur smell coming from the running water. I have to agree with someone else's review that the resort is starting to show its age with the tube tv, and general wear and tear but otherwise this is a great place to stay and be secluded from the world!

Date of stay: January 2012