We love historic hotels, and the Asticou is an excellent example of an historic Maine inn. The location and view are spectacular, but what we really loved was the old-fashioned charm. The staff were incredibly accommodating. When we arrived, our king-sized bed was broken into two twin beds. We pushed them together and did not complain. However, in conversation with a manager, we mentioned it, and our beds were fixed within minutes.
Our dinner was excellent, and the staff were very attentive. We really enjoyed our stay.
Yes, the hotel is rustic and older. But it also doesn't have fake granite bathrooms, incompetent staff, or cheap bedding, like you might find in newer hotels. It has stood the test of time.
If you come to the Asticou and something doesn't suit you, please tell them, and allow them to make your stay more enjoyable. They are in the hospitality business and the staff are really truly hospitable and welcoming.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautifully restored 19th century country inn at the foot of Acadia National Park and overlooking Northeast Harbor. The beautiful Asticou Azalea Gardens are right across the street from the inn. The history of this property is truly fascinating!The inn features a restaurant and a heated swimming pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Asticou Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Asticou Hotel Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Resort Northeast Harbor
- Asticou Inn Northeast Harbor, Maine