“Great food, great service, great donuts”

Colonel's Restaurant and Bakery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I came across this place as I was exploring the area. It is a bakery and a restaurant in the same building. The donuts are the best on the island. Make sure you get a blueberry one, I took one for dessert after my meal. For lunch I had a ham and pineapple pizza. Very good. Prices are what you expect in the area. Service was great. It was a hot day and my server brought me a water to go when I was leaving without being asked too.

1  Thank eaj68
There are newer reviews for Colonel's Restaurant and Bakery

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We found this place purely by accident. We are glad we did. We had a really good lunch here. Generous portions and very helpful staff. I can't rate the bakery/desserts as we were both so full from our lunch there was no way we could eat anything else. We will be back.

1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I were driving around Mount Desert Island just exploring the different towns and stopped at Colonel's in Northeast Harbor. It was lunch time, and we just wanted something simple and satisfying. Wow - the menu was fantastic. We had a hard time deciding between the many burgers, sandwiches, soups, salads, pizza, wraps, and seafood choices. We ordered a Reuben sandwich that was served with french fries. Best Reuben I've had in a long time. The service was fast and efficient, the place was clean and nicely decorated, and the prices were very reasonable. They have a good beverage menu along with draft & bottled beers, a great kids menu, and fresh dough pizza. Their bakery was small but even tho we did not buy any goodies, the turnovers and donuts looked good! Well worth the stop, maybe we will try it for dinner next time. http://www.colonelsrestaurant.com/

1  Thank lucy916
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The doughnuts are awesome. The restaurant is reasonable. Prices are typical for the area. Service is spotty, sometimes good, sometimes slow.

1  Thank DowneastCornhusker
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Don't walk past this delightful eatery in a village setting! Varied menu with lots of local flavors ramped up by their baked breads - that they make at their own bakery ( attached)!
Crab-acado sandwich is delicious!

Save room for their homemade donuts, breads and scones....oh my!!

1  Thank Nana13Florida