“Great Crab Roll”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My son ordered the crab roll and said it was the best sandwich he has ever had. He would go back to Maine just to get another one. The rest of the food was good, but the lobster truck had not made its delivery, so we were a little disappointed.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

This isn't a bad place to eat, but it is very over priced. The food is just okay, but not exceptional. There is very little seating area and the service is pretty slow. I think I would look elsewhere if I were to go back to Northeast Harbor again.

2  Thank J T
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This is a relatively simple lunch stand type of place. Menu includes a lot of seafood choices and some non-seafood alternatives. It was crowded when we got there and service was very slow. Food was decent but expensive - $75 plus tip for luncheon four. Bottom line is that it was OK but not worth the wait. Given the few choices in Northeast Harbor, I guess it could have been worse.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Searching for more tasty lobster rolls that we have been enjoying throughout Maine, and especially Mt. Desert Island, we selected Docksider for our next experience. Parking was easy across the street and we entered the small charming looking restaurant to embark on our next lobster experience. The timbered inside was cute, but the older woman who told us to sit anywhere didn't seem that interested in helping us. Our younger waitress was friendly and efficient. We ordered two lobster rolls and when they arrived we found they were piled high with fresh lobster meat. My husband was terribly disappointed in the roll as he described it as bland. He expected to have some spices and more flavor than just cold lobster. I didn't think mine was that bad, but it did lack the zest of some of the other lobster rolls we have devoured on our journey through Maine. What really bothered us was the fact that each roll was almost $18. That's what we pay in Chicago for some outstanding lobster rolls, and those lobsters have to fly in from the east, these just sauntered out of the Atlantic a few steps away. We never encountered such expensive lobster rolls at any of the other restaurants and lobster pounds we visited, and other locations had better tasting rolls. We'll pass next time.

1  Thank Babu2773
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Tripadvisor reviews don't lie. I've re-learned that often enough the hard way when time or location brought me to eat someplace that had mixed reviews. This place wasn't horrible -- food was OK (just), ambiance nothing special although the establishment was relatively clean. Service staff wasn't terribly welcoming. My wife had a bland crab roll. The lobster in my lobster roll wasn't fresh. The french fries weren't very flavorful. Ice cream servings were small. To top it off, the only view you get if you eat outside is that of a parking lot. While it's not hard to imagine that people could have a good experience at this place, the lack of consistent positive reviews is telling. There are better choices to be had. I'd drive past this one.

6  Thank Maine2026