“Worst food on our vacation.....really bad”
Review of Docksider

Docksider
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Docksider during our trip to Acadia Park. We had read a few glowing reviews on the internet so decided to give it a try. Where do I start? The place was nearly empty but it took forever to get waited on. We figured maybe the food would redeem the poor service. Unfortunately the food was the absolute worst seafood we had ever eaten. Bland and thin as water Clam chowder with barely a few specs of clam and many tiny cubes of potatoes....virtually inedible compared to the great food we had been eating on our vacation.
Since it was lunch we each ordered a Haddock Sandwich. They arrived sloppily assembled....a dry as dirt piece of baked Haddock....absolutely no seasoning.....a wilted piece of lettuce all between some white bread. It was almost impossible to eat. What a disappointing place......bad food, poor service and overpriced also. It would be hard to find a lousier meal. Avoid at all cost!!

9  Thank ROssJ_13
There are newer reviews for Docksider

Reviewed July 9, 2013

We liked this place. Family of six, 3 generations, seated inside, had good simple, seaside village, not sophisticated, meal. Service excellent. Enjoyed lunch here & would recommend.

Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

In the past this restaurant has been an expensive, yet good choice in Northeast Harbor. This year there are essentially children running the restaurant. My lunch today was a service nightmare, and considering it was takeout to be eaten at picnic tables, it really takes effort to screw that up. The shrimp I had was completely undercooked and even after sending it back, it was still not even edible. I ended up throwing out my lunch and going to the deli for a sandwich. This was a very expensive mistake that I will not be making again this season. It really is a shame.

9  Thank EDriehuis
Reviewed July 3, 2013

One of the smaller retaurants i've visited. The crab meat roll was very good, but I thought a little expensive as many of the entrees were. However, there were not many places to choose from and the season is short for these folks. The clam chowder was excellent.

1  Thank junglybill
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just had the worst meal of our trip. The place is run by inexperienced teens, very bland watery chowder, undercooked and bland seafood rolls. Very expensive, stay away.

10  Thank Caclady