“Expensive but excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Docksider

Docksider
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Boston, Massachusetts
“Expensive but excellent lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

I had almost given up ordering clam rolls where I live (Mattapoisett), this was the best clam roll I have had in years. Where I am from they are always sandy with shell pieces. This roll, although expensive was clean and delicious. My husband had a salad with a huge mound of crab meat. Our friend a very large piece of halibut with baked beans and corn on the cob. The meals were expensive but honestly you get what you pay for.
2 things I did not like, there were too many flies in the restaurant and the waitress lacked enthusiasm. I am sure it was a long tourist season for many of the restaurants but and a big but, the tourists bring the tourist dollars! Overall a very good experience and I would definately return. Unfortunately they are closing for the season in a few days.

• Visited October 2012

“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just had a very enjoyable lunch at the Docksider, and I was surprised to read all the poor reviews from other diners upon my return. We probably wouldn't have gone if we'd seen them first, and felt I should report that our experience was very different from the negative feedback. We had fried clams which were as good as any we've ever had, and the onion rings were fabulous - the thin, lightly battered and irresistible kind. The dining room was clean and inviting, and the service was friendly and efficient. Maybe we were just lucky, but based on my own experience I would definitely return.

• Visited September 2012
Michigan
“Funky, informal seafood joint”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

We ate lobster rolls all over the Bar Harbour area: Docksider's were decent, but overpriced. The onion rings were fantastic. I would go back for those. Inside service features waitstaff. We chose to eat out on the deck where you order at a takeout window. It's pleasant sitting out on the deck, if you can get a spot in the shade. Despite it's name, the Docksider, does not have a view of the Harbour. The harbour is several blocks down the hill, and the deck is located on the opposite side of the building.

• Visited August 2012
Ocala
“Tourist trap; high prices with lousy food; understaffed.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Ordered fried clams. I do not expect a strong fishy taste with good fried clams. These clams had dark spots and a strong fishy taste. Asked for a hamburger to replace the meal. Received a burger and bun, nothing more. Received the check and was charged for the lousy clams as well as the austere burger. By the way, the fries were thin and greasy, and my wife's fried shrimp was at best, mediocre.

5 Thank Katie1Thomas
Stockbridge, Massachusetts
“Lobster roll...meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Despite rave reviews for this little spot of local color, the lobster roll was the worst I've eaten in Maine...if there was anything in/on the lobster, it might have been lemon. There were 2 tiny shreds of lettuce and the bun was barely buttered and grilled. It wasn't cheap and it wasn't good.
Sorry.