“What a beautiful way to see the Fox Islands Thoroughfare!”

Blue Yonder Sail Charters - Day Tours
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Explore the islands of Penobscot Bay with Blue Yonder Sail Charters! We provide partial and full day sailing charters aboard our comfortable 40 foot wooden sloop, Tammy Norie. Our scenic cruising grounds include many islands, lighthouses, interesting architecture and wildlife. Charter passengers can expect a safe, fun and relaxing experience sailing aboard Tammy Norie!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed August 21, 2015

I can't say enough good things about Joel Rowland and his beautiful boat. He was incredibly helpful and responsive from the start as we planned our morning charter. And the day of, he tailored the experience to exactly what we wanted, and so much more! Sailing with Joel is the best way to see the area around North Haven Island, he took us around the bay, pointed out landmarks, houses, wildlife, other boats...he was a wealth of interesting information and made the excursion so much fun. The Tammy Norie is a beautiful boat to have the honor of sailing on, and Joel is a genuinely kind captain who made the charter one of our favorite parts of the whole trip.

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank egbeneze

Reviewed August 6, 2015

FIVE STARS ON EVERY LEVEL - Joel Rowland (captain) took my children and I, and my friend and her children sailing on Penobscot Bay by Vinylhaven Maine. It was a special day all around. The boat performed very well, and Joel was a skilled sailor as well as safety minded, and an excellent tour guide and teacher. He showed the children many things about sailing and was able to adapt to the changing winds giving us an exciting but not too exciting family trip. I will go again as soon as I can and recommend him for family/lower key and adult/high performance sails!

Date of experience: August 2015
1  Thank Maryann W
Reviewed August 6, 2015

Took a couple of sail excursions with family and all of us loved them! Great for island exploration around North and Vinal Haven.

1  Thank DMuellerR
Reviewed August 6, 2015

I have been taking day or half-day sails with Captain Joel Rowland on the Tammy Norie for many years. As a veteran of many charter sails, I have to say that this is the best and most pleasurable -- sailing on the Tammy Norie with Joel is simply magical. Joel knows the geography and history of the Fox Islands and the Bay and if you want information, he's a font of fantastic stories. He is a consummate sailor. We've gone island hopping and walked ashore on islands; taken his dinghy in to islands; anchored in beautiful coves and bays and let the kids jump over and swim around the boat. He lets you crew or take the helm if you want, under his instruction, or you can just breathe in the sights while he sails. There is no circumstance he can't handle. He's calm, has great ideas for sails if you're not sure what you want to do, and accommodates his passengers. The boat is a beauty; he's sailed across the Atlantic with her. Joel can navigate anything.

1  Thank Eileen H
See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2015

My cousin and I had a fantastic sailboat ride around Penobscot Bay with Blue Yonder Sailing. We took off from North Haven harbor and went around the big and small islands in the Bay. Captain Joel Rowland's beautiful boat is a smooth and comfortable ride, and he makes sure his passengers are warm and having fun. Joel also points out historical and geological points of interest as you go - so fun! Highly recommend.

1  Thank Rebecca L L

Been to Blue Yonder Sail Charters - Day Tours? Share your experiences!