“Clean & Beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Berwick
Angel of the Berwicks
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed in the Salmon Falls Room on the third floor. It was large and beautiful. Everything was so clean it made it easy for us to relax. Not only was every breakfast delicious it was beautiful too! The portions weren't large....I was very satisfied but I know my husband could have eaten more. My only regret was that the weather was sooo gorgeous last weekend that we didn't spend much time in our beautiful room. Our hosts were great, easy to chat with and very welcoming. We'd love to return.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 4, 2012

I had stayed at one other bed and breakfast last spring, at that one when we arrived the owners had snacks, juices , and ice water out on a table. When I arrived at the Berwick's I needed to search for someone just to check in as I had a time crunch and there wasn't even a pitcher of water out for guests. At the other bed and breakfast, they asked us when we wanted breakfast but said there would be items out if we were early risers. At the Berwick's the owner said there would be coffee before breakfast and that wasn't out either and nothing to tide you over before a later breakfast. The owner at the first place actually sat down with us to ask us about ourselves, these owners asked if we needed anything else and when I asked for another muffin (as we only allotted 1 each) she said "I'd have to heat some up" so another guest felt bad for me and gave me hers! I was very disappointed in the whole experience, the house is gorgeous but the hospitality and food were very disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 13, 2012

My family and I have stayed at Angel of Berwicks on a couple of visits to Maine recently. The house is gorgeous and has been restored to its full grandeur. The rooms are stately and very comfortable. The owners, Ben and Sally, are lovely, fun people who cook up really excellent breakfasts. The location is easy to get to and a short drive to lost of Southern Maine attractions. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 21, 2012

If you like historic American architecture and grandeur, then this is the place for you. The rooms are huge and full of period furniture. The hosts are very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was really tasty and plentiful.
The only downside for me was the amount of road noise coming from the busy road intersection that this lovely place sits right beside. Our friends had a room at the front of the house that had no drapes ( net curtains gave a little privacy, but they felt a little exposed in the evening ) and of course were woken very early by road noise and bright sunlight. We were in a suite to the back of the property which was quieter.
Apart from this small issue, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you have the choice, pick a room towards the back of the property.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank WhereUBin
Reviewed November 19, 2011

We celebrated my 65th birthday in style at this gorgeous, impeccably restored mansion. Our stay could not have been any better. We had a beautiful suite on the side of the house, and we did not have any problem with street noise. The owner did everything she could to make it a wonderful stay, including referring us to a local restaurant for a fabulous birthday dinner. The location is great, close to York Beach and Ogunquit. We were sad to have to leave and hope to come back soon.

Room Tip: The Baumeg Beg was delightful, especially with a separate reading room.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
ME-Bucky, Owner at Angel of the Berwicks, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

We're so glad you took the time to walk around our small town. It is truly "Genuine Maine." A lot of effort is taken in the presentation of our breakfasts, so we appreciate you writing "the fruit was lovely to look at." Thank you for your review and we look forward to hosting you again.

Sally and Ben Gumm
Innkeepers

Reviewed July 24, 2011

This place was such a treat. It is halfway between CT and Bar Harbor and we stayed there both coming and going. The hosts have meticulously restored this grand old mansion. It has decorative tile around the fireplace, hand-painted ceilings, carved furniture, wood paneling and curved banisters. I took a lot of pictures and felt very special in these surroundings. The hosts were very friendly and the breakfast was outstanding. There is a good, reasonable seafood restaurant 2 houses down. Could not ask for more.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2011

Booked here to avoid the hustle of what we believed to be the busy downtown area of neighboring Ogunquit and Wells. We stayed in a front room, and like others have stated there is some issue with road noise and headlights at night. In addition, there is some light from the street lights that gets through. The room was beautiful and modern without losing the Victorian feel. Room was large, with sitting area and nicely updated bathroom. Each morning started with coffee and/or tea, muffin, fresh fruit, and hot breakfast. These meals are fantastic! The hosts (Sally & Ben) are so gracious, hospitable, helpful and aren't what I expected from B&B owners. They are not intrusive, but always willing to give suggestions and advice. I cannot recommend this enough. Will definitely visit again.

Room Tip: Ask about street noise and/or light when you contact the owners for room availablity and booking.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Berwick
Wentworth by the Sea, A Marriott Hotel & Spa
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dover
Coachman Inn
Coachman Inn
#2 of 4 in Kittery
Super 8 Sanford Kennebunkport Area

Been to Angel of the Berwicks? Share your experiences!