Sunday River Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Newry
See available hotels
View Hotel
Trails End Motel(Rumford Point)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Blue Iris Motor Inn(Rumford Center)
View Hotel
All reviewssunday rivergrand summitski schoolshuttle busnew englandlots of funsnow cap innwedding venueexpert trailsheated poolski checkgreat familyoutdoor activitiesski vacationfront desk staffshuttle serviceoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 13, 2012

I am still at Sunday River staying in the Grand Summit. This is the 4th time we have been her in the last five years and we usually love the place. The skiing is great despite the snow shortage across North America and the general level of customer service is fantastic. However I have had two nights without sleep because of rowdy teenagers in the room next door. The hotel had taken bookings from several school parties and I guess the kids are only being normal teenagers but I would certainly accuse the management of poor planning. I did not book into an 18-30 hotel - if they are going to take bookings from adults on holiday for a pleasant ski trip and from kids then manage the allocation of rooms to keep the two groups separate. On check in the Duty Manager was asked by a guest when he was finishing and he said then that he may have to be there until midnight because they had had some complaints of noise. When I complained the staff empahised but did nothing - i asked for a change of room and the place was full so no joy. I called security and they were ineffective and I had a word with the kids and their teacher myself, all to no avail. Whilst I certainly blame the kids and their teachers I do feel let down by the hotel. Sad because everything else has been great as usual.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank mutsnuts01
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Had mid-week ski break, first time at sunday river & was a great experience! Got great package that included 2 day lift ticket, $25 f&b credit, 2 ski lessons, overnight stay & continental breakfast. Stayed at the inn by the resort and had everything we needed, rooms are normal hotel size, bed spread & curtains are little dated but work. Continental breakfast was simple but worked, no fruit.
Found everyone who worked slope side very friendly and had great customer interaction skills, was refreshing. Recommend and will be heading back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 31, 2012

The Resort was very nice and clean also. The room we had was huge and had all the amenities we could want. The bedrooms were huge. The beds were very comfortable. The overall hotel was clean and very nice. We could ski out from our hotel and get on the chair lift and ski back there after the day was done. The restaurant had good food and drinks . The heated pool and jacuzzi were very nice. Overall we all had a great time there.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank geno0210
Reviewed January 14, 2012

We just returned from an awesome week of skiing at Sunday River. My husband, kids and I LOVE to ski (actually they board, I ski). We have been to all the resorts in Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont...but our favorite by far is Sunday River! We have been going to Sunday River with our 2 kids for 10 years now because you just can't beat the terrain, assortment of easy and challenging runs and short lift lines! The snow making capabilities and mint grooming is superb.We really enjoy the fabulous location of this resort and the services such as ski in and ski out plus ski valet,Moonstruck cafe, and Legends Restaurant in house! We stay in a studio unit (murphy bed and pull out couch) with kitchenette which is great for a family of 4 or less! The outdoor heated pool and hot tub is a perfect way to relax and soothe sore muscles apres ski. There is nothing comprable to relaxing in bath temperature water with snowflakes landing on your head. Sunday River also offers other activities such as ice skating and snowtubing (reasonably priced). Most weeks have themes such as children's week, college week etc. If you are looking to party keep on searching because SR has little to no nightlife which is perfect for us. The Foggy Goggle at South Ridge is a great spot to stop for lunch and a couple of drinks hillside but is a little pricey. There is a cafeteria style place to eat at South Ridge main level as well where you can bring your own lunch or buy, but we always hit the bar to avoid young kids and crowds. We did dine out at The Sunday River Brewing Company (SRBC) and the food there was dreadful and made us all sick...do not go there! We will be returning to Grand Summit and Sunday River for many years to come!

Room Tip: For peace and quiet request South Side as the main part often has children running up and down the halls at all hours as their half wit parents sip on wine! I wish people relaized this is NOT CUTE but obnoxious!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lynnie43
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Just came back from spending 4 days at the Grand Summit Hotel with my adult children ages 23 and 19. Great resort. Shuttle service to the mountain every 30 minutes from the front door.
The ski clinic is worth a visit. My children went all 3 days and thought it was extremely helpful.
They loved the instructors. They have a great heated outdoor pool which you enter and exit from inside. Bring your bathing suits.!!! The beds are comfortable and the resort itself is very clean. This is a great family resort for all ages . You can also ski in and out from the back door
without leaving the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family