“Very pleasant visit”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Really good pizza and friendly server. The atmosphere in the restaurant was great with live music and a pleasant buzz

Reviewed January 31, 2012

Great beer selection, including Maine's best brews (Geary's, others), and excellent quality pub style food (bread sticks, pizza, wings, etc). I have been here a number of times over the years skiing and am always happy. Great atmosphere as well. There is generally something on the menu for everyone, kids included. I will be returning, as I usually do.

Reviewed January 30, 2012

FAMILY: I've been skiing every chance I get at Sunday River this winter and The Matterhorn is one of my favorite spots in the area. We normally have our kids (5 & 14yrs old) and after a long day at the mountain this is where they want to go, the video games help while we wait for our food and my husband and I love the atmosphere A small pizza is just enough for two to split at $12 each. The nachos are huge and a perfect starter for the table, there’s plenty for everyone at $10 or so.
FRIENDS: This was my first official weekend kid free. I took my friends who where visiting to the Matterhorn after skiing all day. We had a blast! The band was good and the bartender (a guy) was awesome, he was friendly and fast, he didn’t give me that your not local attitude. The place was packed by 11pm. It's a great place for both family and friends!

Reviewed January 28, 2012

We go here pretty much every time we ski at Sunday River. We head in ther on Tuesday nights for the $5 pizza special. $5 with one topping and $1 per topping for additional toppings. The pizza is great and the topping choices wildly varied (ground Bison, Proscuitto, pineapple, buffalo chicken, and so many more…) Great beer choices on tap too including their own Ski Bar beer which is one of my favs.

Try and sit upstairs though as downstars tends to be very noisy, especially if parents are letting thier kids run wild. The place also has a great "archive" of old ski gear all over the walls and ceilings.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

Called the Matterhorn ski bar these days. Every time we come to Sunday river we make time to head to "the grizzly" for dinner and are never disappointed. Great atmosphere, live music and decent food. It's our favorite place in the area. It's always busy so don't come here for a quick bite on a Saturday night. Instead relax, grab a beer at the bar while you wait for a table and take in the music and decor.