“Great Little Mexican Place”

Cervesas Southwest Grill
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Harmony, Maine
“Great Little Mexican Place”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I love this little restaurant. We would go here for lunch for business meetings and the food is always great. They have this hot chicken chipotle skillet that is out of this world. Friday nights are packed get there early or you will be waiting for a while.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank HenBeck

Dover Foxcroft, Maine
“Average”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

Where are the chips & salsa to snack on while you wait for the meal?! We found that to be pretty cheap-o on the owner's part. The prices are pretty high for the area and quality. It's definitely not Mexican, but okay Southwestern food. We live in the area and go there maybe once a year.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank Eating2012
Etna, Maine USA
“Its not Mexican, its a New England interpretation of Southwestern.”
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Its excellent, but slightly overpriced. Lines often run out the door. No reservations or advertising. Attractive servers. We go often.

1 Thank RGoodellSr
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tasty.southwest Food”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Used TRIPADVISOR to find this place and now we are all stuffed. The food.was.great. We had the medium nachos, beef and chicken enchiladas, and the southwest chicken.salad.

“Very Good for this area...”
Reviewed May 3, 2012

In the South, if you happen to find yourself in a Mexican restaurant of any kind you will be served complimentary chips and salsa after being seated...not at this joint. For about $3 you can have chips and salsa. Don't let that deter you from going. I have to say this restaurant is probably the cleanest, most well-appointed, and tastiest you'll find in the Newport area. While it is no five star dining experience you will get fresh food. I had a Mexican Pizza and a Fried Ice Cream. My husband had Enchiladas Santa Fe with Steak. The portions are HUGE...I could only eat 2 pieces of my pizza and less then 1/2 of my ice cream. The salsa that was served with our chips n salsa appetizer wasn't what I expected but it was good. It wasn't the traditional overly tomato puree style salsa...this was chunky and bright. I ate a piece of steak from my husband's Enchilada (which was a flour tortilla rolled up?) AND concluded that it was 100 times better than Angler's (a local favorite). The beans and rice weren't anything to write home about but my "pizza" had fresh veggies, black beans, and well seasoned meat on it...and it took up a whole plate!!! Our check was around $30.00 which I felt was a bit pricey but about average, and fair considering how much food you get. Service was excellent; our server's name was Deltena. I would go here again and recommend it.

• Visited May 2012