“Great Seafood and Dessert”
Review of Angler's

Angler's
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THis is one of three restaurants with the same name, Tthe others are in Searsport, Maine and Hampden, Maine.
Jaffrey, New Hampshire, United States
“Great Seafood and Dessert”
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We all ate the"Half and Half" seafood entrees and the dessert special--Great food and a fun experience. A tad pricey for the area but probably worth it.

• Visited July 2013

“Great Service, Good Food, but do not get it "to go".”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Anglers is a wonderful restaurant and their seafood is in my opinion much superior to that of the Weathervane. However, if you get it to go, be prepared to have the batter soggy and falling off when you dip in tarter sauce/cocktail sauce. Also they run out of things and do not tell you until to come to pick up the order. I ordered the scallop and shrimp "Half and Half" and when I arrived to pick up my order the hostess handed me a container, telling me they ran out of scallops and told me they put in extra shrimp. I told her that this was unacceptable and would not pay for it, put the container on the counter, and left. So now I only dine inside where if they run out of an item they have more of an opportunity to tell me.

• Visited June 2013
Corinna, Maine
“The best seafood around”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is our regular seafood place. We always get the fried seafood because I have never found better fried seafood anywhere else. My family has gotten other seafood also and it has been excellent too.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank LGC_Me
Etna, Maine USA
“High-Priced New England Seafood Adored By Locals”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Good food, if a little pricey. Absolute heaven if you like New England seafood. Usually swamped by locals. The line for a table extends out the front door during nice weather. Usually packed with patrons, mostly locals.

• Visited June 2012
Pittsfield, Me
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Love the seafood. Try the Angler's platter. The Captain's punch is a must. Not the best atmosphere, but who cares when the food is that good and not too expensive.

• Visited February 2013

Been to Angler's? Share your experiences!