“If you like fried seafood!”
Review of Angler's

Angler's
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THis is one of three restaurants with the same name, Tthe others are in Searsport, Maine and Hampden, Maine.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We have been to Angler's on several occasions, and have enjoyed their food each time. Our most recent patronage was especially good. Our party consisted of 3 adults and 3 children, and everyone was satisfied. We had appetizers of calamari, onion rings and fried zucchini. All were really good; crisp and not at all oily. The beer was cold and tasty. The wine selection is good. Our meals ranged from fried clams, fish and chips, seafood platters to hamburgers. The fried seafood dishes were not overwhelmed with huge amounts of french fries with a couple of pieces of fish. All of the meals were well-prepared, ample in portion and delicious. Desserts were equally enjoyable. The service was prompt and friendly. Our family holds this restaurant in high regard. I think you will, too!

1  Thank Puddledock

Reviewed July 30, 2012

We both had Lobster rolls, and both did not fall apart like the other poster suggested. And there was so much meat you had to eat some with a fork in order to be able to fit it in your mouth.
The server was very personable.
Looks like all the locals make a point of going there so it has to be good.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

Not until I saw the menu did I realize this was the 2nd of 3 Angler's Retaurants in the area! Last night I thought the restaurant was called Bait's. Great meal last night- salmon tips and broiled scallops. Today, even better! 1 1/2 LB Lobster for $9.99.
The parking lot was filled. The first person I asked, "How was it?" "Fabulous!"
We HAD to order the onion rings as an appetizer-HUGE.

Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Had a very nice supper with my wife at Anglers while on vacation. The seating was very quick and the service was extreamly professional. Great value for the amount of food. We had an entire second supper the next night from the leftovers!

1  Thank Miichael L
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family and I went here for dinner and had one of the lobster meals, and thanks to the waitress my wife and I had a great lobster dinner.