“Awesome place : )”

Angler's
Ranked #1 of 17 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: THis is one of three restaurants with the same name, Tthe others are in Searsport, Maine and Hampden, Maine.
Middleburg, Florida
“Awesome place : )”
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We flew from FL to Ct then a very long drive in a van 6 people and a dog to Maine for a loved ones funeral . Showed up at my brothers in Pittsfield starving who directed us to Anglers . We were all totally exhausted and had very little time before the viewing . We were greeted and seated quickly in a booth . Nancy our server was awesome to say the least !! Let us know about the free onion ring app they had during happy hour , she brought us two . They were more like onion straws , lightly battered and thin ... which I love with ranch and tabasco ..YUM !! I ordered a cup of the chowder , was loaded with clams and was excellent !! When ordering it said minnow or full dinner ,, well I should have ordered the minnow !! My plate of lovely lightly breaded fried clams were amazing and HUGE !! I ate less than half and shared the rest with my family : ) Did not have any room for the green beans or potato !! My brother had the fried haddock which he totally enjoyed , I sampled but a little too much batter for me . I prefer a light dusting ! Sampled my sis steamers YUM and her lobster salad YUMM !!! She did not care for the mayo mixture , thought the salad greens should have been topped with the meat only . I thought it was great : ) !! Thank you to Nancy for the superb service !! Whenever we are in town again we definitely will return !!

• Visited March 2012

Gilford, New Hampshire
“Great Fish”
Reviewed November 14, 2011

I love the seafood that is served at Angler's their fried clams are mouth watering.

Visited November 2011
Gloucester, VA
“Best Onion Rings Ever and Full-Belly Clams”
Reviewed November 3, 2010

My husband I were on our way from Saco, ME to Hull, MA and stopped at a roadside apple farm/shop to ask for a local's recommendation for lunch. She recommended Angler's and while a bit out of the way (but easy to get back on Interstate from the restaurant), she was right! Best onion rings I've ever eaten and my husband raved about the full-belly clams and French Fries for lunch. I had the scallops (very good) and the pickled beets and garlic mashed potatoes were outstanding. What a great deal for lunch and we were seated next to the fireplace (very cozy) and service by our waitress could not have been better! Recommend you try this somewhat out-of-the-way place and am just sorry that we were too full to order desserts (looked remarkable)!

1 Thank Diane C
winthrop, ma
“good value, good seafood”
Reviewed October 3, 2010

I have eaten here several times, can't beat the fried zucchini, fried fish dinners, fried clams, lots of great desserts, didn't like the clam chowder, had the seafood chowder twice first time, loaded with seafood including lobster, second time, disappointing, mostly fish. stay away from the baked potatoes, like little hocky pucks, had the fried clams a few days ago,very good, but the fries weren't good at all.. all and all, it probably is the best restaurant in Newport, especially if you know what to order (and what not to)