“Delicious beef patty with crab cake inside?! To die for....”

Newcastle Publick House
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Newcastle
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This past weekend I went to the Publick House with family. It was busy but wait attendant came immediately. The menu was pleasantly eclectic, I could not decided since there were several items I wanted to try. After inquiring what the Maine burger was I thought I would try it. Results.....delicious beef patty with creamy, crab cake inside and two slices of crispy (to perfection) maple bacon strips. I ordered the hand-cut sweet potato fries too. Burger was so big and satisfying that I had to bring half home for later. I took a little longer for meals to be delivered than I expected but we did have a party of seven and it was July 5th week end. I would go there again to try something else that sounded enticing.

1  Thank vtlover30

Reviewed July 4, 2014

I intentionally chose a hike in the area, just so I could go to lunch at the Newcastle Pub after. As a woman out on her own, it is nice to be able to go into a restaurant and not feel awkward. The host let me chose my table. The waitress encouraged me to stay and read my book, long after my lunch was done.

Nice selection on the menu and at the bar. The food here is always consistently good and the prices are fair. I took half my meal home, as the portions were plentiful.

1  Thank Linda A
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Having seen the the mixed reviews, I was surprised to see a smoker at the rear of the building, a good sign. Somebody is spending some time on the product.
The place is a tavern, simple and true. We sat at the bar and ordered pulled pork nachos and a blackened haddock sandwich. We were treated well and the service was timely.
The food was served fresh and hearty with a good slaw.
An interesting selection of regional and micro brews made for a fine afternoon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Enjoy the shredded roast pork nachos. The wine list is nice, but I (not a beer drinker) hear that the beer selection is a winner.

Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Took my wife and son we were disappointed with the food. I enjoyed the fries but there's no salt or pepper at the table. Bring your own steak sauce as they don't have any, and they sell steaks! Not a place for me.