“Great food”

Orono, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Best variety of dinner selections in the area. Food is very tasty and portions will leave you satisfied. The dining room can get a bit loud on a busy night. Definitely will go back when in the area again.

Brunswick, Maine, United States
“decent, up to expectations but did not surpass”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

kid's burger was perhaps best ever, a real hand made patty with actual cheese and a decent roll. Other stuff was less spectacular but wasn't bad at all. Salad was good, cheese pizza had good flavor but crust was a but burnt, tea came out cold, but was reheated without a problem. Service was decent.

Farmingdale, ME
“Delish!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Okay so, I have found that this place is reasonably priced especially the sandwiches and kids' menu. Where else can you get an entree, side, and drink for your children at $4? Plus, it's homemade, and not straight from the freezer! Their fries are homemade and delicious! I had the turkey sandwich once, and I loved it so much I have ordered it two more times! Deliciously toasted on the grill with turkey, cheese, and cranberry mayo. It's a very hearty and fulfilling choice. My husband had one of the hamburger specials and it was excellent yet, so large he couldn't finish it Dining outside is a nice option, although kind of noisy and not exactly picturesque. However, the small dining room is cozy and intimate. They appear to have very good and differing specials and the hostess there was an absolute delight, and so kind to my children. I will continue to go back again and again. And rumor has it, the place may even be haunted!

• Visited May 2013
Saco, Maine, United States
“Rehersal dinner”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We visited the public house for lunch and really enjoyed the food. My son recently got married and we hosted the rehersal dinner at the Public House. They were great helping put together a menu for the dinner, basicly anything we wanted.s We chose to have a bbq. The meal was served family style and very very good. We had a party of around 30 people, the service was great, as was the beer an wine selection. Everyone left with their stomachs full, and many in our party took left overs with them.. We recieved complements on the food that night and again at the wedding reception.
Very happy wiht the Public House, and I would use them again if they were closer to my home.

• Visited May 2013
DuBois, Pennsylvania
“A fine alternative to tourist traps”
Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Not interested in the restaurants in Booth Bay Harbor, we found the Newcastle Publick House after researching some Internet sites and some tourism maps. We took a chance and are glad it paid off.
Easy in/out parking. One room for the nice bar, one room for the restaurant. Seating is nice and comfy.
We ate only a few appetizers, and shared them.
Crab cakes (Maryland style) were all crab, and finished with a sublime lemon cream sauce. My wife always orders crab cakes everywhere, and says these were great. I agree.
Pulled pork quessidilla was great, too: the pork had a fine, BBQ flavor, and we requested their special lime-cilantro sauce along with the classic salsa. Wow! Pork is smoked and cooked on site, just outside.
Very good haddock chowder (thick, hot, full of fresh potatoes). @30 bucks before tip. Not bad!
Bottom line: I was so impressed with the details. The three small things, in other words, the salsa, the lemon sauce and the cilantro-lime sauce, were so very good, that we knew we were at a seriously good place to eat. Our wait staff was charming and energetic.
A good place to escape the honky tonk rat race of the tourist trade in the area. Menu is varied, great beers on tap. Do yourself a favor.

1 Thank Barkley_the_Cat