“Incredible time after time”

The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn
Reserve a Table
Sun, 9/15
8:00 PM
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Newagen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Enjoy seasonal foods of Maine, harvested at their peak, in a casual coastal setting. The Pub offers locally sourced meats, freshly caught Maine lobster and seafood, and farm stand produce. Away from the crowds and close to the sea, join us in The Pub or dine on our deck with panoramic views of the ocean, serving lunch and dinner as well as a daily happy hour (check our website for dining hours). Don’t miss our Tuesday Lobster Bakes on the oceanfront lawn in July and August (please make reservations by 10am).
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Was able to score a last minute dinner reservation for Friday evening at one of our most favorite places. The staff is so attentive and kind. Food was delicious. We started with the mussels, then had the crab cakes & filet for dinner. Drink menu has expanded and offers some great selections. We opted for the Paloma. Never felt rushed, was always checked in on, and the water glasses were never empty. Finished our meal with no room for dessert unfortunately, but headed over to the bar for a night cap. While at the bar we spoke with many of the staff who are so personable. Cannot wait to go back.

Date of visit: August 2019
Corinne L, Owner at The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for this wonderful feedback! We can't wait to see you on property again soon!

Write a reviewReviews (101)

Reviewed July 31, 2019 via mobile

Waited for ever to be waited on then when we did I ordered a alagash white draft which was on the menu but was told we don't have that. Then wife ordered her meal a blt I specifically said I'll start with a cup of chowder first then I'll have the fried calamari. He looked at me dumbfounded and said fried clams I said no calamari and had to repeat it a few times then finally had to open the menu and point to what I wanted. After a long wait sure enough here comes both chowder and calamari at the same time, so I refused the chowder. I really think the blame should be on the management for not noticing that he has a problem in his establishment. We will not return or recommend this place to anyone.

Date of visit: July 2019
Corinne L, Owner at The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your frustration. We rarely run out of a specific beer and I realize how disappointing it is when it happens. I hope you were able to find a suitable substitute.

We are so lucky to enjoy an international student workforce during our season. These kids come from all over the world for the cultural exchange and the opportunity for diverse employment. We love having some of these students serve in our restaurant and be able to interact with so many different guests. We hear from so many guests how much they too enjoy meeting these kids. I do recognize how frustrating it is for you to have to point to a menu item to place your order, and now I will share that our Albanian student, who had been in this country for two days and was working hard to understand American English, will never make a mistake between fried calamari and fried clams again!

Reviewed July 31, 2019

We were wondering whether we came to this restaurant on an off night. Our waiter did not seem to know much about the menu; he brought salad already dressed although we had specifically asked for dressing on the side; the entrees arrived before we were halfway through the appetizers; there was a lot of arguing going on at the waiters' stand near our table. Saddest of all, the tuna was way undercooked. The only positive for the evening was a view over the lawn toward the water. Let's hope it was just an off night for the staff.

Reviewed July 27, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I ate dinner here and it was one of my favorite meals during my trip. Everyone is so friendly. The view is beautiful and the food was excellent! The mussels were the best I ever had.

Date of visit: July 2019
Corinne L, Owner at The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2019

Thank you so much! The mussels are very popular. Chef Nathaniel is doing very exciting things in our kitchen this season!

Reviewed July 18, 2019

Really not fine dining . Food was above average but no table cloths and lots of kids running around. We were on time for our reservation but had to wait. We felt rushed. Noisy..Little Village Bistro in Wiscasset or Ports of Italy in Boothbay Harbor are better...Not worth the long ride.

1  Thank gardner m
Corinne L, Owner at The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2019

Thank you for your feedback. It sounds like there might have been a misconception of what to expect from our restaurant, which is a casual pub in a family-friendly resort. While our food does convey a feeling of "fine dining", we don't use tablecloths because we don't want to cover up our beautiful hand-made wooden farm tables. We do offer linen napkins and exceptional service on top of one of the best views in the Midcoast. By the way, I agree that Little Village Bistro and Ports of Italy are amazing restaurants....but neither one can boast our ocean view!