“Rustic feel to send you back in time”

The Pub - Newagen Seaside Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Newagen
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Bowie, Maryland
“Rustic feel to send you back in time”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Lived the fell, history, and views. The staff was very accommodating. The bed in the room provided was too hard so the staff offered to upgrade us to a better room with a softer bed at no charge. The main building is old but fully renovated so you can hear loud noises through the walls, but guests were quiet for the most part (no tv's in the rooms probably for this reason). Lots of great history behing the resort which I highly recommend you read.

Visited September 2012

NH
“Old style service!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Cozy bar in a great setting. Great view of the harbor as well. Our bartender Cathy was pleasant and attentive. We had the wings and homemade potato chips. Both were excellent! Recommend you check this gem out.

• Visited August 2012
Arundel, Maine
“good food great oysters!”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Great local oysters! all the food from both nights was first class. We shared the main course and salad as neither of us are big eaters. We ate both nights in the pub.

Visited July 2012
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Nice location with a limited menu and terrible service.”
Reviewed August 8, 2011

We were looking forward to having a pub dinner as we happily did last year. The menu has changed significantly and is fairly limited and over priced. What we ordered was okay, but it took forever for the service. It seems that there is inadequate waitstaff or kitchen staff.

1 Thank Backbay7
los angeles
“Quaint Inn with many positives as well as fixable negatives”
Reviewed August 19, 2010

There were many positive things about this Inn that it did take us back to another time.
I kind of felt like a New Englander in the 1920's ( I am from California) and I loved how that made me feel. I loved the sea views and I loved the docks that we walked to watch the boats. I loved the view of docks while I ate breakfast and that the bay windows had sun streaming through it and made me feel calm. I loved that they provided bikes for guests to use and so we biked around the property. loved coffee smells seeping through my windows and waking me up.
Now here is the negative part, that same coffee smells that woke me up, another awful smell of #2 permeated from the bathroom below. highly suggest that the Inn find a way to funnel the bathroom ducts outside --This is unfortunate because I hated smelling bowel movement smells. It is true the room walls are thin so I did hear other customers. Also, there are old fashion key holes that people could peek through if they passed by. The Inn can easily fix this if they plug up those holes. There is no tv in the rooms but I didn't want to watch tv anyway, when there are so many things to see in Booth Bay. What can you say the inn is historic so that is why their are those issues. Maybe, the management should spend some money to paint their exterior walls because it does take away from an experience when the paint is peeling. Overall the place was great and I did have a good visit.

2 Thank cameraelle