“Stunning Large Inn with spectacular grounds”

Newagen Seaside Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Newagen
Reviewed August 9, 2010

My husband stayed at the Inn as part of our little honeymoon trip through the Northeast.
The Inn is located in a very secluded part of Boothbay Harbor (on a separate island actually), and about a 10 min drive from downtown Boothbay Harbor.

The rooms are pretty great, each being decorated a bit differently. We stayed at the Fiddlehead Room, which came with a porch area.

The Inn has a nice restaurant and a bar, but they do close at 10pm, which is somewhat early. The food in the restaurant is pretty good, but nothing too spectacular, and the service could be improved with some more training for the wait staff.

Our favorite part of the Inn is the amazing game room that they have (in the Pine Room). The game room features a pool table (with busted sticks but still workable), ping pong table, vintage video games (circa 1980s, and so fun!), and an antique candle pin two late bowling alley. If you get a chance, I would recommend bowling a few rounds because this is a once in a life-time experience where you get a antique bowling alley all to yourselves.

The grounds feature gardens, a gazebo, and a pool with views some beautiful docks and sunset on one side, and stunning rocks on the other.

It is very secluded, and does cater to families. They're hugely popular for weddings, so the weekends might be all booked up. Also, the front desk staff is unbelievable friendly.

If in the area, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Newagen Seaside Inn

Reviewed July 27, 2010

We just got married at Newagen Seaside Inn, and cannot have more wonderful things to say about the experience. We stayed at the Inn for a week before, getting to know the staff, and relaxing with our family and friends. I can't believe how relaxed I was for the wedding itself, but I knew that Jason (innkeeper/wedding coordinator) and his staff would have absolutely everything covered, while still reflecting the relaxed, fun atmosphere that we wanted. The grounds were gorgeous, there was lots to do (especially if you wanted to relax, enjoy morning dips/the Polar Plunge, and eating!) and we immediately felt welcomed into the Newagen Seaside Inn family! I would absolutely recommend it both as a wonderful place to stay, but also as a beautiful, magical place for a Maine wedding!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Callie21
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I decided that for each anniversary we would stay in a hotel or inn on the National Historic register. We simply pick a state, and then an inn. This year's choice was the Newagen, and we were not disappointed. The criticism first - the rooms are simple with no bells or whistles (except the AMAZING views), and for the price I usually expect a little more. But, you are not paying for the rooms, but the location. Our porch was as big as our room, and for my husband and I this was perfect. I did not travel all the way to Maine to sit inside. The free breakfast was good, the coffee was well above average, and the den with the fireplace was really cozy. I think that this hotel is perfect for couples, but I also can see my family at a family reunion on the site as well. Sprawling lawns that terminate into the rocky beach, a huge game room with old fashioned games, hiking trails galore, free long-handled bikes, rowboats, a stone campfire pit, a well stocked bar...I could really go on and on. I felt all alone, but very well taken care of at the same time. The location is beautiful, but also convenient because you can use the Inn as a base camp for so much more. We were never in the car for longer than an hour, but I feel like I was able to see so much of coastal Maine. Small charming towns, the mighty ocean as only Maine can display, and the refuge of cooler temps in mid-summer…all I can say is - go! and bring bug spray

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank rshelly2
Reviewed September 8, 2009

The Newagen is located in a beautiful, memorable spot in Maine - it couldn't be in a more "typical" Maine location on the seaside. The Inn is very nice, clean and comfortable. A very relaxing venue for a weekend away. Staff was nothing but helpful, accomodating and friendly. Defintely recommend staying here!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 4, 2009

I have been at the NSI two times and each time is fantastic. Everything about the Inn slows you down and makes you relax and understand what a vacation is supposed to be. The staff is very friendly, accept a little slow for folks that are a little fast paced however, after the first day you get used to it. Even though there is no air conditioning, tvs, or room service it is still a very nice place to stay. The rooms are very clean and cozy. I do suggest bringing ear plugs though because the walls are thin. The food is great and if you have room for dessert, try the PEANUT BUTTER PIE!!!! This is a great place to spend an anniversary, family gathering or quick overnight. I look forward to going back next summer, hopefully!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aaajjjjj9
Reviewed September 3, 2009

well, if location is important. It is right on the ocean with beautiful views. 16$ cab ride to boothbay harbor. (we'll stay in the harbor next time) There is no television in the room, and the bar closes at 10pm. I felt like I was staying at my parents house.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
6  Thank djc9
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This place was just what I was looking for in a Maine vacation. The Inn is located on one of the most spectacular pieces of property overlooking the ocean. I loved that it felt private and secluded but was only a 10 minute drive to Boothbay Harbor. The staff was accommodating without being pushy. The room was cozy and clean. And lucky for us, the weather was perfect!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank EFW79
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newagen
Ocean Gate Resort
#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor
Sebasco Harbor Resort
Sebasco Harbor Resort
#1 of 1 in Sebasco Estates

Been to Newagen Seaside Inn? Share your experiences!