The Newagen is a wonderful hotel at the tip of Southport Island. This is the perfect distance from the overly-touristy Boothbay Harbor, but not too far from Robinson's Wharf Restaurant with its excellent beer and fresh-caught lobster. The hotel staff is excellent, particularly hotel manager Jason. There are lots of fun activities on the property, including an old candle-pin bowling ally, tennis courts, and some hiking trails. My favorite part of this property is the view out to a picturesque red house on an island and a lighthouse beyond. Also, if it is warm enough, it's fun to swim off of the hotel's dock.
On the less positive side, I found the hotel swimming pool and hot tub to be underwhelming; it looks like the pool at the Spruce Point Inn might be better. I think the Spruce Point is probably the only real competition in the Newagen's neighborhood, but the Spruce Point lacks the Newagen's authenticity.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and Hotels.com so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine