We stayed here on a summer getaway and enjoyed the place in spite of mediocre weather. It is a little quirky, but quite comfortable. There seems to be some concern that the surrounding development will impinge on the atmosphere and ocean views, but the setting is excellent. The restaurant is very good. The rooms are spartan, but the surrounding lounging areas such as the Adirondack chairs on the porch, the lobby and lounge all provide comfortable places to relax.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Frommer's Travel Guide said, "It's hard to convey the magnificence of the ocean views, maybe the best of any Inn's in Maine." The open sea, rocky cliffs and thick forest create an enchanting setting for the historic Newagen Seaside Inn, poised on the tip of Southport Island in the heart of Maine's famed Boothbay Harbor region. Make some memories at the newly restored, yet always historic, Newagen Seaside Inn, at the edge of the sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and Agoda so you can book your Newagen Seaside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newagen Seaside Hotel Newagen
- Newagen Seaside Inn Maine