Hotel Pemaquid
Flagship Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
$114
Tugboat Inn(Boothbay Harbor)(Great Value!)
$130
Bradley Inn(New Harbor)
TripAdvisor
Brown's Wharf Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
Mid-Town Motel(Boothbay Harbor)
Topside Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Beach Cove Waterfront Inn(Boothbay Harbor)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsshort walkpemaquid lighthousethe main hotellight housethe pilot housepotting shedyear after yearon the rockscarriage housewithin walking distancefirst floorair conditioningmaine coondifferent buildingsgrand hotelqueen size bedmy husband and i
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 8, 2012

My husband and I have been staying at the Hotel Pemaquid for more than 7 years. Every stay has been wonderful, and this visit over the Labor Day Weekend was not exception. We generally stay in the separate cottages, not the hotel. The room is always clean, nicely appointed and very comfortable. It is very welcoming, and very Maine. If you want lavish, perhaps you will find it at the Bradley Inn up the road, but you will pay for the privilege. Obviously, we think our experience is preferable. The Innkeepers go out of their way to make sure their guests are satisfied. In fact, when my husband sustained a minor injury, the wife of this team, Judy, readily supplied sincere sympathy and an icepack. I had no hesitation about asking her because she's that kind of person--she wants you to have good memories of your stay. And, of course, the hotel is a stone's throw from the delightful Sea Gull restaurant, which overlooks the waves crashing against the ancient rocks at the Point. For a truly memorable experience, visit the Hotel Pemaquid, and tell the Inn keepers that Carol and Harvey from NY said hello and we look forward to seeing them soon!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carol D
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We knew we were in for a treat after mailing in our check, and getting a prompt post card in return. Who does that these days? The Hotel Pemaquid does. We loved our visit, didn't want to leave. If you want to get away from the thundering summer hordes, this is the place for you. The peninsula was quiet, peaceful, laid back, beautiful, the lighthouse and shore, less than a minute's walk away. Our room was tastefully decorated, the summer breeze through the window screens divine, a perfect place to relax and unwind. The Hardy Boat ferry to Monhegan Island (a MUST visit) is about 10 minutes away. Try the Samoset (sic) restaurant for dinner, excellent. For breakfast, we enjoyed the Bristol Diner, both just short drives up the peninsula. Lest I forget, the bed was incredibly comfortable, slept like a rock...........far and away my favorite hotel ever.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2greenlefty
Reviewed August 4, 2012

Such a beautiful hotel and friendly staff. Gorgeous lobby and inviting front porch with lots of outdoor furniture and rocking chairs. Complimentary coffee (with cream!) offered from 6-10am and it's so relaxing to start the morning with a cup of joe and a pleasant front porch. We reluctantly booked a room with a shared bath, and never saw the other people. I'm pretty sure that other room was occupied, but there was no sign that they'd ever used the bathroom, so it felt very private.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nettielou04
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Had enough of the summer heat? Come to Maine where its cool and the skies are crystal clear. The best thing about this charming hotel is the location. A very short walk to the lighthouse and crashing surf, an experience of a life time. I could sit on the rocks for hours and watch the waves smash and spray. We loved the hotel, we found it clean, the bed was comfortable and the people working there were very friendly. I thought their rates were very reasonable. Yes, I could hear some of the guests through the walls, but so what? It is basically a very quiet place. Enjoyed sitting on the porch rocking in my chair sipping a glass of wine, nice. The hotel has a washer you can use and a ice machine, but alas, no ice buckets...what's with that? Hope you are lucky enough to spend some time in this hotel and enjoy the best of Maine.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Manassas_VirginiaGlw
Reviewed July 29, 2012

The service and rooms are above and beyond, my fourth visit to this Hotel, ALWAYS clean and courtious. Heard the ocean two of the four nights I stayed (the ocean was very calm for two nights, and crashing waves the other two), my bedroom had skylights to see the stars at night. The linens felt so soft at bedtime I loved it! A 1-2 minute walk to the lighthouse made sunrise and sunset easy to watch. My compliments to the fairly new owners, you have kept the warth and charm of your new gem! See you next year!

Room Tip: All are uniquely beautiful
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends