“wow!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed August 10, 2014

What a place! Loud, raucous and fun. We went on a Friday night right after the Hardy Boat Puffin tour. Line out the door, everyone is friendly and helpful. Paper menus get passed back, no tables available inside, but the deal is this. As you move your way up closer to the ordering window, you spot an empty table and throw your coat on it or send one of your party to sit at it. Beer and wine are at a separate window, so if you have more folks in your party, take drink orders and send them to that window. Also, be sure to send someone to check on the white board at the window for specials before committing to your order! I didn't know there was swordfish til the last minute! My husband had lobster and ribeye, both perfect. My swordfish was fabulous. A great evening out.

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Shaws isn't high end food - but its certainly the only place I've ever been where the lobster I see coming off the boat can end up on my plate.

They do lobster, and all things fried, and they do it well. Pretty sure my arteries can only handle one trip out here during vacation each year, but it's a trip we look forward to and the service is quick and polite and the view off the deck is nice. They now have a decent beer selection too!

Reviewed August 9, 2014

Good food, with a great view of the working harbor of New Harbor. They have a diverse menu, with much seafood, of course. I wish they were greener - use a lot of disposable styrofoam. All in all, very good...Muscongus Bay Lobster in Round Pond is still my favorite, though.

Reviewed August 6, 2014

From my childhood years until now Shaw's always been a must go to place in New Harbor. Fun to see the boats come in while you wait for your dinner. Casual dining and atmosphere. Mostly seafood is served but other options are available!

Reviewed August 6, 2014

Classic Maine by the sea atmosphere , very basic, no pretense, BUT EXCELLENT food.
Very convenient for travelers to the near by island of Monhegan. The Ferry stops right in front of the Restaurant. Sitting in the outside tables gives you a true sensation of Maine.