“GREAT breakfast”

New Gloucester Village Store
Reviewed May 23, 2014

We were staying in town and needed a place for breakfast (the day before, stopped for coffee since our B&B didn't have coffee as early as I wanted) and this was close to where we were staying. Loved it. Great coffee, local eggs, you can get Anadama bread for toast, and a nice store on the lower level to boot. Nice ambiance too. High quality in area where there really isn't much competition.

Now all we had was breakfast, but fully expect that everything else at the New Gloucester Village Store is on par with our breakfast. Nice place!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband & I went there for the 1st time today & were very pleased with what we bought to go: Reuben sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwich with pesto & roasted red peppers, haddock chowder, & horseradish. How nice to have such a delightful place here in the country of Maine. We will return & will also delight in dining outside in warmer weather.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

We ate many times at this village store this past summer (July 2013), counter service, hot or cold meals, all have been good. My family loves the pizza and I especially liked the steak salad but many more are great. Some seating inside and outside. Great place to pick up lunch to go. Good selection of beverages in cooler. Our favorite go-to spot anytime we are in the area, on a countryside drive.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love this place! EVERY time I drive by I stop just to see what they have. Homemade breads, pastas, fresh oven baked pizzas and sandwiches. So many choices of wines and wine tastings to die for. I love the different soups they have to offer. Staff are friendly and bustling. I only wish I drove passed more so I could stop more!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had lunch here today with friends. I had the grilled cheese sandwich which they make with their own very thick homemade breade. It was excellent. My friends had the "delicious" pizza which I tried, and it was indeed delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful and they have a nice selection of Terry's chocolates, a great local chocolatier.