“A Great Find”

New Gloucester Village Store
Poland
“A Great Find”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

My husband & I went there for the 1st time today & were very pleased with what we bought to go: Reuben sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwich with pesto & roasted red peppers, haddock chowder, & horseradish. How nice to have such a delightful place here in the country of Maine. We will return & will also delight in dining outside in warmer weather.

• Visited February 2014

Green Cove Springs, Florida
“Great food; Excellent and Quaint!”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

We ate many times at this village store this past summer (July 2013), counter service, hot or cold meals, all have been good. My family loves the pizza and I especially liked the steak salad but many more are great. Some seating inside and outside. Great place to pick up lunch to go. Good selection of beverages in cooler. Our favorite go-to spot anytime we are in the area, on a countryside drive.

• Visited July 2013
Poland, Maine
“A must”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love this place! EVERY time I drive by I stop just to see what they have. Homemade breads, pastas, fresh oven baked pizzas and sandwiches. So many choices of wines and wine tastings to die for. I love the different soups they have to offer. Staff are friendly and bustling. I only wish I drove passed more so I could stop more!

• Visited July 2013
florida
“Excellent Lunch”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

I had lunch here today with friends. I had the grilled cheese sandwich which they make with their own very thick homemade breade. It was excellent. My friends had the "delicious" pizza which I tried, and it was indeed delicious. The staff are friendly and helpful and they have a nice selection of Terry's chocolates, a great local chocolatier.

• Visited June 2013
Newport, Rhode Island
“Delicious organic food - a must try if you're in the area”
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

We ordered food to go as a family of 8 & I would definitely go back in a heartbeat to try the other items on the menu. I ordered the blackened catfish on foccacia. I'm not usually a fan of foccocia but was in the mood for fish that day. We also bought a plastic can of pickles which I would absolutely recommend to anyone. When I eat at other deli's, I usually either pass on the pickle or take a single bite & toss the rest. This time, I took a bite of the pickle & my taste buds were alive. They're just the right amount of spiciness, crunchiness, & full of herbal flavor. The catfish tasted fresh & so did the bread. I took a bite of my husbands cheese pizza & somehow, the cheese pizza tasted like it had a flavor profile worthy of someone who knows more adjectives than I do. I mean, its cheese pizza, but it was pretty good cheese pizza. If I'm out that way again, I would make a point to order food there again AND the homemade pickles for sure.

Been to New Gloucester Village Store? Share your experiences!