“Nice atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles

Freedom Cafe & Public House
Ranked #3 of 25 Restaurants in Naples
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
“Nice atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

The atmosphere and lake views from the deck are superb.

Food is just okay and overpriced. The menu is poor. It has not changed in years.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Dallas, Texas, United States
“Great food and beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you plan on traveling to New England this summer and are visiting the pretty little town of Naples, Maine I highly recommend the Freedom Cafe. Their beautiful outdoor deck has a spectacular view of Long Lake and the food is excellent.
My husband and I live in the area and this is our new go-to restaurant for the summer. All their lobster dishes are yummy and if you feel like eating lite they have some great salad choices, add a little shrimp or lobster meat and it's gourmet. Don't miss the homemade blueberry pie for dessert. Prices are in line with the other local restaurants. Get out fo the heat and come up to Maine you will be glad you did!!!

• Visited July 2013
Casco, Maine
“Worth the try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We really enjoyed our trip. We ordered the wings to start. They weren't too spicy so that my children could enjoy them, too! My husband ordered the reubin. He was pleasantly surprised! My daughter enjoyed the cheeseburger meal and my other daughter ordered the blueberry wings. Yum! She let me have one and it was so good I stole another one off her plate! I ordered the lobster stew (cream based). It's just the way I like it--simple so you can taste the flavor of the meat. I just added a bit of salt and pepper to taste. There is a lot of space there--with three rooms--so we felt like we had room to breathe. I'm sure tables fill up way faster in the summer, but you will still feel like you have some room to breathe! Pleasantly surprised by our visit. Wondering if this place is under new management because much better experience! Excellent service too! Our waiter was very attentive, but not too attentive! He seemed to know when we needed something!

• Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pircey for the food but great atmosphere and views”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Reggae Saturday afternoons on the lake in the summer, good food, perfect atmosphere for upscale events. A "barn" theme wedding would be great in this timberframe historic building on Long Lake.

Visited May 2013
Portland, Maine
“Best place in Naples, Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We love the food, service, and atmosphere. Sitting on the deck is so relaxing. We go there at least 4 to 5 times in the summer. I would recommend Freedom Cafe to anyone who wants good food and fast service.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to Freedom Cafe & Public House? Share your experiences!